1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Awesome photo of a razor blade splitting a pellet

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Instead of a bullet splitting a playing card, a razor blade splits a pellet.

2. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

That's cool as Hell

3. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Years ago in Michigan my conservation club hosted a muzzleloader shoot. As part of the shoot there was a novelty round. One of the targets had a double-bitted ax imbedded in a wood block, with a clay targets on the block, one on each side of the ax blade. The idea was to shoot the ax blade, splitting the bullet with the blade, and breaking both targets at once. My recollection is that it was shot from about 20 yards offhand. I shot the course twice with my .45 Hawken loaded with patched round balls, and broke both targets each time. Another target involved cutting in half an edge-on playing card, and a third was lighting a wooden match by grazing the head. I cut the card OK, but never could light the match. I always broke it.

4. shootintom

shootintom TS Member

On the Outdoor Channel the show is Impossible Shots and it's really a hoot to watch. I read a book years ago about exhibition shooters and one of the factory shooters that used to make portraits with a .22 autoloader shooting at a copper sheet and someone asked him why he was shooting so close and his remarks was "who was going to know 100 years from now"! I wonder how close that pellet was from the muzzle? Or was it all about the photography? Still a pretty cool photo.

Tom

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Hell i can't hit that big orange clay bird let alone a razor blade with a pellet. Neat pic. Notice it didn't say how many missed shots there were. LOL

Matt

6. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Neat to do. Ray

7. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I'll call fake. I'd bet the second half is a shadow if the first. Note there is no damage to the razor blade.

8. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Splitting the round ball on an axe was no big deal.....Most of us used fifty caliber guns and all it takes is a sliver off one side to break the bird. A fifty cal gives you almost an inch of leeway, a half each way off center and most of the time these matches were shot at ten to fifteen yards.

We used to practice in the winter with Winchester precision pellet guns for the offhand matches. At ten meters, splitting playing cards was not impossible. Lighting matches has always been a problem as most of the time a light hit on the tip doesn't provide enough friction to light them.

9. grntitan

"I'll call fake. I'd bet the second half is a shadow if the first. Note there is no damage to the razor blade."

What kind of damage would a very soft lead pellet do to a steel razor blade? Don't think you thought that comment thru very much.

Matt

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If you blow it up to even 150% you can see the interior of the pellet on the far side. Thickness at the base as well.

11. grntitan

I can see it without enlarging it. You can see the actual cup at the bottom of the pellet on the far side.

12. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I'm still calling fake. Razor blades are fragile. It should show something, bend, dent, kink, something. It shows nothing.

13. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Another angle.

14. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Looks pretty real to me.

15. grntitan

Come "Conspiracy Theory" guys. Analize the new angle pic with the fake theory.

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.