1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Awesome Pair of NIB 3200

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by cubancigar2000, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

He is pretty proud of them too. Doubt that he will get that much. Conseq numbers dont really add a lot to them

2. WJN

WJN TS Member

0   0   0

I am trying to remember what years were produced with the updates.

3. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

0   0   0

About $1500.00 to $2000.00 to high. Nice looking guns.

4. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

0   0   0

I saw a Rem 3200 special trap NIB at the Ohio Gun Collectors Assc show this weekend for $1,800. With serial number this high on the pair for sale, they should be updates from the factory. The serial number was around 30k and above.
    Doug Allison

5. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

0   0   0

JD, I agree that this is a unique set. How many of these are out there, if any? It will take just as unique a buyer/collector to pony up this type of money.
    Doug Allison

6. Skeety7

Skeety7 Member

0   0   0

Jump in and get your feet wet. I agree over priced.

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Back in the 1980s sometime, a local wholesale distributor had a pair of 1 of 1000 3200s, one trap and one skeet with serial numbers 71 and 72, for sale on consignment from a Remington employee. He wanted $1,200 for the pair, which sure sounds cheap today, but only the trap gun's box had been opened and its wood was very plain. He left orders that the skeet gun's box was to remain unopened, so I couldn't bring myself to take a chance that it was better looking.

Ed

8. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

0   0   0

In the collector community when collectible guns come available such as these consecutive # mean a lot. To someone that would shoot them consecutive serial # means nothing. Most vintage or collectible guns unfired in the box such as these are most often priced 50 to 100% more than say 98% gun or a really nice one. Are these guns collectible? I would say yes.

9. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Looks to be an extra stock picture in his ad, all scratched up.

10. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Banned Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

May seem high, but when you think about it and compare with some of today's guns that are available, I'm betting he gets it. For instance, you could buy a new GC that will cost more than this pair of guns and the CG isn't as good of a gun.

JMHO!

Jb

11. DIXIE SPECIAL 25

DIXIE SPECIAL 25 Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80... TS Supporters

0   0   0

Talk about recoil.....

12. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Word! I bought one of the first 3200 Competition Traps in the mid-70s and it hit me in the jaw like a prize fighter even after the comb had been made adjustable, the stock was shortened to fit me and the stock protector was replaced with a real recoil pad.

Ed

13. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Banned Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Ed....it still didn't fit you. It's that simple. I always wonder why some people insist that one particular O/U kicks more than another. Really think about it. It's all a matter of weight and fit. You are throwing X mass at Y velocity and it doesn't matter which O/U it happens to be.

14. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

0   0   0

coalboss, this is not a for sale thread. It is an opinion thread on an awesome pair of 3200's that are for sale.
    Doug Allison

15. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

A CG makes the 3200 look like yesterdays junk!

16. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

0   0   0

Tron,

I love you man. Please don't tell that damned cat of yours-- or, that pheasant molester....

It is NOT Remington's fault that Ed Clapper is a freak of nature and; OMG, didn't fit their (then) new O/U.

Guy Babin

17. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Th updates would not necessarily be done on a 1975 gun. If they were 32's it would be a decent buy at the price quoted (Only if you wanted shooters...). 30" guns won't bring that kind of money. For the most part, any of us that appreciate the 3200 Rem. will be long dead before they appreciate significantly.

Bob

18. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

0   0   0

I just checked my Remington factory field service manual and it states that 3200's with serial #'s above 30k left the factory with the updates done to the receiver. These guns will only have 1 pin at the rear of the receiver, early 3200's will have 2 pins. I did a nice piece on the 3200 on sgw.com that explains this.
    Doug Allison

19. jrw136

jrw136 Member

0   0   0

Unfortunately I think most of our “classics” have out lived their time. In the clays game it is all about scores so the serious ones among us will go with the latest trends. The younger generation will go after plastic over wood and tactical over style. The only ones that will go for something like these guns are the old plinkers that shoot a couple or three rounds a week and do not keep score. That limits the market considerably. And as popular as these guns once were, they came with issues again limiting their ability to be moved. In their heyday were they really that well thought of by the top guns or were they just the best of a bunch of entry level models? How valuable are the Winchester 94’s, 12’s, etc today. In our youth we would have given our place in heaven for one, today’s young shooters do not even know what they are. Ask your typical high school kid who Glenn Miller or Benny Goodman was and see what you get for an answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.