1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AWB Of 2008 Is Ready For Obama To Sign

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KenC, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenC

KenC Member

I just saw this on the CalCCW forum a few minutes ago.

Looks like it's sponsored by Republicans.

It's ready for Obama's signature on inauguration day.

There are many popular trap guns on this list.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:h6257:

2. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

I am not in favor of this bill, but you need to read the material first. In page of of the bill, it says that firearms in Appendix A are not included. The appendix lists those "popular trap guns", thus, they are not affected.

Again, I do not support this bill -- just saying, you might want to read it first before you make a statement like that.

John

3. KeystoneLight

KeystoneLight TS Member

The HR6257 bill is in committee and has not been voted on yet.

<i>Latest Major Action: 7/28/2008 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.</i>

The many popular trap guns on the list (appendix A) are firearms that are exempt from HR6257.

<i>(3) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to--

(A) any of the firearms, or replicas or duplicates of the firearms, specified in appendix A to this section</i>

I am just reading the facts of the bill and in no way supporting it or the sponsors. Write/call/email your representative and voice your opposition to HR6257 before it comes up for vote.

4. KenC

KenC Member

Oops! I guess I read that too fast re. the list. Nevertheless, the bill is ready to go and it WAS authored by 4 Republicans.

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

KenC, it is not sponsored by republicans....they are _RINOS_!!!! Did I miss an expiration date or is this permanent??

6. KenC

KenC Member

bigunn,

I think Chris Shays is the only Rep in the House w/that 'sir name'. He lost his re-election bid last night. I could be wrong but didn't Ann Coulter oppose him in a Republican primary a few years ago?

bigdogtx,

Those sponsors are from IL, NJ, CT & DE. Not exactly bastions of pro-gun sentiment.

7. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

Who gives a Tinkers darn who sponsored it? Are all you guys worried about are Trap Guns and who's who? Lets kill this bill.End of story.

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Duck you are right. Will make calls tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.