1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Avoid Webuyanycar.com

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jerry944t, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

These people are the masters of the bait and switch. The sleaziest people I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

I had a 1997 Subaru with 125,000. It was in good running condition. I checked off the boxes of their website accurately and was given a quote of $1250.
    When I got there I was told my car was worth $150 but they'd give me $300. When I started to walk out the rep called "his boss." Yeah right, and upped his offer to $400.

When I asked the reason he told me that the rugs were worn and that represented $400 off for one thing. No kidding the rugs were worn, the car had 125,00 miles on it. Then he found a number of dings where the paint wasn't even broken. Then there were scratched tail lights and it went on and on.

Their web site is a scam to get you to go to their location where they can nickel and dime you and, in the end, offer 1/3 of their web site evaluation.

Just wanted to put this out there so if anyone is tempted....don't!! I was stupid and didn't review all the negative feedback (except on their web site) that is easily found on the internet.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, I put my 96 Accord with 130k through their system, their offer was $960 LOL. KBB lists it for over $2k, and given the demand for Accords in my area (mine is probably the cleanest 96 on the road), I believe it would sell for closer to $3k private party...

3. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

I guarantee once you got to the actual store they'd offer you a whole lot less than $960.
    They even have this device that measures the thickness of the paint if you had a fender-bender.
    If it looks good and it's fixed what is the difference of the paint thickness.
    That was a minus $300 on my car.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're lucky they didn't try to charge you to take it off your hands LOL