1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Avg Fed worker makes twice as private

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bisi, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Click on the above website and see what "USA Today" reports on Federal government workers salaries.

The real outrage is their pensions.

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

And technically.....they work FOR us!

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Thank their "Unions" for those pensions, That's why "public" jobs should have never been allowed to "unionize"

Another problem with Fed or other public jobs, if you don't have a college deploma, you DON'T advance! Even if your ten time better at the job then the college dunce! Also you will only be allowed to make 1/3 what what they make, because they are "smarter" then you. Their signed piece of paper hanging on their office wall with that gold seal tells them so!!

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

And don't forget affimitive action in other words we don't want any pale faced braves

5. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

All of us should realize that there are good and bad points to unions. As a member of Cement Masons Local 592 I'm thankful for the money I make. Do I agree with our total package, no. Private sector workers need to realize that union salaries keep the base pay for non-union workers higher. This helps middle America. Just think about it. No unions means that business owners small and large alike could put a strangle hold on salaries and force workers to take what they offer. As I stated I don't agree with some of the money that we make, but rising healthcare costs force our hands to ask for more in the benefit package. Personally my last full working year 20,000.00 was contributed to wy health and welfare package. A gross amount of money, but what are you going to do. Should the unions fail you would see a dramatic decrease in wages. It's one of those necessary evils. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

6. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Actually the pay for gov employees has risen slowly to the level it is now about 30 yrs ago goverment workers were paid less than private sector employees with the knowledge that they are almost impossible to fire and they would get a comfy pension after their time.

Every one used to get a fair raise every year, based on the cost of living. In the 80's the last time everything went to hell the employers found out that they could get by without giving raises and the wages stagnated for quite a few years for the private sector, but the government workers always got a small raise.

With enough small raises they have surpassed us, and with flat percentages on raises caused them to outpace private pay, at an astonomical rate

I have worked private and public, didn't last to long at public, as it seemed to be a dead end position as I stated earlier, because of affirmitive action, the was an opening for electo-mech at the Fort Worth Bureau of Ingraving, of all the people who took the test, only two passed, me and another guy whose last name was Perez, I almost aced it, got a 96 and Perez got 86, I never even got an interview, Perez did but when they saw he was a white hispanic (actually he was a 4th generation Spaniard) the job was given to a black guy who was close to passing but still didn't pass

But I'm sure I will be told that it was fair

7. zelmo96

zelmo96 Member

Maybe I can shed some light on the subject. I work at a public naval repair yard. I started in 1985 and today I only have 18 years due to layoffs. The fed got hit hard( DOD especially ) during the Clinton years. As to the retirement, I pay in to social security but am never going to see anything for it. I have worked my butt off to get to a management position and am proud of it. As to the pay from public to private, I have made more in the private sector but I do like the benefits I have with the fed. There are " slugs " wherever you go, just don't be one. Work hard and do the right thing, even when it hurts. That is integrity. We all have our gripes, let's not fight amongst other trapshooters. We are the only good guys left. Shoot well and pray for our troops, Al Baker

8. gundog

gundog TS Member

Iam not a federal worker, how ever i say good for them. Dont pull them down lift the rest up.

9. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Al Baker, I really liked the end of your post especially. I am glad that you are a trapshooter and part of our group.

10. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

fed workers do not make twice as much as private workers in the same comparable job....only someone who does not work for the gov't would believe that garbage.

A lot of vets, after their contract is up, go to work for the federal gov't and take advantage of the fact they can add their military service towards their retirement. So, if you are going to piss on all gov't workers, you are pissing on decorated vets as well...and a lot of disabled vets have taken advantage of the government's so called "affirmative action", getting hired on special appointments. There does not exist gov't hiring programs to hire base on ethnic race. That is a violation of the federal gov't own rules and regs....anyone who thinks that is just bitter they didn.t get hired in a gov't position and is looking to use race as a scapegoat. Geez, the intelligence level really can get low around here sometimes *rolls eyes*

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I remember in the 60's turning down a job with the Feds because it didn't pay enough........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.