1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AVERAGE question for ATA shooters????????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by srvfan, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srvfan

srvfan Member

Can someone answer this question for me please...........
    As an ATA shooter keeping an average card when SEPT 1st comes around
    and lets say I shoot a 97 in singles my first shoot of the year is
    that my starting average ? Another words am I an "A" shooter all of
    a sudden?? Do you carry over your average from last year?
    PITA averages your last 1000 targets no matter what.Doe's ATA start over fresh
    each SEPT 1st with the start of the new target year?
    Thank you
    Paul

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Yes your average is 97 and yes each year starts over. BTW, this shooting year ends at the end of October 2008. Anyone classifying would take into account your previous shooting history, not just one score. Bill Malcolm

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Paul, HOWEVER, any decent handicapper is going to see your 97 posted at the beginning of the current year and will ALSO consider your last year's average and maybe even more as posted on the front of your card. So, Another words am I an "A" shooter all of a sudden?? - it's unlikely only the 97 will be the deciding factor.....breakemall (that would solve the problem, eh?)....Bob Dodd

4. Popgun

Popgun TS Member

Hi All,

I have to disagree with the other post. I was a B class shooter and right before the State shoot I was lucky enough to break a 99. When I was classified for the Ohio State Shoot, they saw my 99 and immediately moved me up to the A class. One high school is enough for the classifiers to move you up a class.

Bob Smith

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

No one would argue that, Bob, at a large, big money shoot any trend at the last few shoots or a near perfect score as you describe would certainly or should be weighted in the decision process. The handicapper, remember, may and should consider known ability and the last score was??? He didn't go all the way to AA or AAA which a 99 would call for - he only raised you one class....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.