1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Average Price to ship FFL to FFL?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by J.Woolsey, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Just wanted to see what the average charges are for FFL to FFL long gun shipping, Is $45 fair? They package, insure and ship. I had a gentleman tell me that he thought it strange to be over $30. J.W.

2. JH

JH Well-Known Member

By the way, it is not necessary for guns to go from FFL to FFl. They must go TO AN FFL holder from a private party to be legal. Check out ATF regulations. One thing is to meet the requirement of the law, the other is to give extra money to a sending FFL dealer for no reason.

Again, check the ATF website.

3. copper

copper Member

AVERAGE WAS $20.00 my guy was $10.00 for recieving

4. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

The last few I have received in CA have cost me $75.00. It makes importing a gun expensive.

JON

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

It cost $25 to have an ffl transfer here ( thats when I buy one and it is hipped to him, I actually have one coming to him from a gunbroker deal today) When I sell I always ship myself but if you package it correctly without danger of damage, it can be as much as $50 just to pack, box and ship it yourself. I have had serious damage probs with UPS so I use PO or Fed ex

6. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Here in NJ it costs me 16.90 just for the phone call to do the backround check. I charge 40.00 for the complete transfer. Shipping can run upwards of 100.oo, depending on the amount of insurance.

Ed Yanchok

7. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

I think you are seeing a trend that is starting. I have started shipping also because UPS and USPS here dont want to take them from joe blow because of the damage claims. I charge $50+insure for long guns But I use the hard plastic case to put gun in You get a "free" case

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cost to ship from ffl to ffl