1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

average cards

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ragman, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ragman

ragman TS Member

Did anyone get there card yet

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I'm a life member and I don't expect the new card until mid November.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I got mine......Oh wait a minute....that was last year.....Nevermind...No

4. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Nothing here yet.

I'm just using my 2008 - 2009 card until the new one arrives.

Dr. Honk

5. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Dr Honk,

You should be recording the new target year's scores on a temporary "additional" score card. The calculation of this year's averages are based on scores shot as of September 1st.

You should carry last year's card until you have over 500 targets or get the new average card.

Jason

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

waverider

"You should be recording the new target year's scores on a temporary "additional" score card."

Sorry Jason but I see no difference I draw a line across last years average card. I put the new year 2010 on the line and record my scores when I go to classification every thing is right there. Last years and this years and when I get my new card in November. I put this years score on it and put last years card away with all the other years.

So tell us why should anyone carry last years card until they have 500 targets on it inquiring minds want to know?????

Bob Lawless

7. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Bob,

Your system is good because it keeps your scores with your previous years average right there. I should have wrote: I prefer to keep the different years scores separate and our club gives out the additional average cards when asked for.

Page 21 of the 11/1/08 rulebook: 5. For better classification of shooters....
    a. If the shooter has less than 500 targets on the currents year's Average Card, use the previous year average and known ability.

Jason

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I checked the box "Renew Membership $20" when I was paying for my events Sunday August 9th at the Grand. About 4 weeks later what do I get? An application to renew my membership through the mail for $20. Sure glad I chose the faster way to bypass the red tape. ;-)

I feel sorry for that poor person in charge of membership renewal. They should buy them a computer or at least an abacus to help them out. Must be a lonely, thankless job and I'm sure it couldn't pay well.

9. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Stop to think for a minute before posting.

It's likely the ATA doesn't even have all the shoot reports through year-end yet. Not every club is timely with the reports. How do you expect averages to be calculated three weeks after the last shoots for the entire country?

I admit, it does take a long time, but it's a bit too much to be complaining this early.

10. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

waverider

"Page 21 of the 11/1/08 rulebook: 5. For better classification of shooters.... a. If the shooter has less than 500 targets on the currents year's Average Card, use the previous year average and known ability."

Jason I not sure what this is for but that information is already on both cards. Last years if you were keeping your average up to date. The new card(this years)because the ATA includes after the end of year averages figured. So either way this years card or last years your average is always on your card.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.