1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

average card

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by KeithT, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithT

KeithT TS Member

The ATA under the shooters information center supplies members with a shooter's detailed report.
    Can this report be presented at classification, assuming it is up to date, for the purposes of classifying the shooter instead of the average card ?

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I would think it is only as up to date as clubs update it with scores, as quickly as possible.

It could be used to verify scores for sure.

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

The rule book states no. But, the info can be used to fill out your avg card.

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

There is nothing in the Rule Book that prohibits using the Shooter Information Center data.

The only rule you'd be "violating" would be the rule about keeping your Average Card up to date.

But considering some of the Average Cards that I've seen, an SIC page would be a welcomed sight.

5. BigM-Perazzi

The rule requiring the avg card be presented at classification? Section llc 3.

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Respectfully, the rules say the Average Card "should" be produced, but not "shall" or "must" be produced. The Average Card is "intended" to provide accurate classification data, but that is dependent upon the member keeping it up to date.a, with the caveat of penalty classification.

It's not even a requirement to present the plastic ID card, just have the ATA number and print the name and address - there is no requirement to confirm who is actually "registering" under a particular name/number...

Jay

7. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

IMO, the official ATA average card is little more than an aggravation. Data entry spaces are entirely to small and it's unnecessarily difficult to post information legibly.

At any shoot of any size classification officials use ATA data anyway. At most they'll give your card a cursory glance. Other than to catch a recent punch, the cards are pretty much worthless.

sissy

8. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I got one of those new supplemental white average cards to kick off the new target year 2012. This white card has a couple of extra columns on it that I suppose are to make keeping your average a little easier. The new columns for both Singles and Doubles are "TOTAL 100's" and "TOTAL". I guess this gives you a place to put your cumulative total of targets broken. This card obviously takes more space than the normal card as you can only record half the scores as the older supplemental card but it should be handy until I get the new average card for the 2012 target year.

9. BigM-Perazzi

Sec Vl d6 would require your card regardless..

During certain parts of the shooting year the ata site info is woefully lacking and essentially useless. The reason for YOU to maintain your card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.