1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Average Card Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by acre44, May 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acre44

acre44 Member

Hello. I recently misplaced my ATA average card I had been using since last September. I had shot 1300 targets on that card. I was able to get my scores from the Shooter's Center at the ATA website. However, I am having trouble with the class I was in at some shoots. My average is in the B-C range but the shoot depended on how many classes, 4, 5 or 6 which class I was in for that shoot. Can I just leave it blank on the card and will the classifier see those classes on the computer or can I get them somewhere else?

Thanks for any help,
    Toad.

2. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

Just leave it blank. Very few people ever fill that in. All they need is your average.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

As a new shooter, I too had many questions about score cards and classes. I have found that I always have been classed fairly. when at a shoot with less people and fewer classes you may be pushed up a class or down. your score and what class you are in for a paticular shoot should pan out. I think most classifiers have a idea of the clubs around you and how big their shoots are. I won D class 2007 state. I would exspect to shoot C or better. I have not shot ATA at all this target year. Looks like the state will be all I will shoot. My Average at the club is 91

4. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

maclellan1911 if you have not registered 500 singles on this years card you will be shooting "a"class penalty for your state shoot.

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

eatingclays do you speak for all of the States or just the one you shoot in. I am from the same State as macclellan1911 and I have included the penalty clause from the Official State Shoot Program.

PENALTY

Shooters must have at least 700 singles, 700 handicap and 300 doubles for the current and previous year combined or they will shoot penalty. Targets shot on
    Friday may be counted toward minimum requirements for classifications on
    Saturday and Sunday events.

Now please tell me why you think you can speak for all States and even if you are from this State you appear to be incorrect.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.