Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Average Books

2K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  TjayE 
#1 ·
I have nine ATA average books 1998 to 2005 to give away to the first collector that send his/her email address. You pay the postage and you
get the books. Once I have an address I get an estimate from Canada Post.

#3 ·
Hi - I used to have a full set of average books from the very first. I lost them all in the CA wildfires in 2007 along w/ my house and everything else.

I would love to get the ones you have if they are still available. My email is dedapr@aol.com

Barry

#9 ·
A little over critical for someone that said he was asking a dumb question to begin with.

Maybe after a couple of years of ATA targets and wondering what your buddies averages are. You might see it differently. Most people I know that have average books keep them for looking back at their own scores many years down the road and find out how you progressed.

BTW it isn't required that you order a average book it is an option for the shooters convenience.

Bob Lawless

#10 ·
There's actually lot's of reasons. Sometimes someone tells me their dad or grand dad used to shoot and I could tell them when and what his average werre. Then there's always the old guy at the club that says he used to be thebest there was and I can look up what his averages were or how many targets he registered and then have him explain why the official records are different.

I also like to trace back the averages of the present shooting stars to see how many years it took them to make 27Y and how long they have been shooting before reaching All American status & stuff like that.

Just to name a few reasons I like to have them for reference.

Barry

#13 ·
I'm curious, not having seen an average book, is this something that must be filled in while shooting (like after every shot), or could it be filled in later at home (just the scores for each round)? Just what all gets recorded? I ask because it sounds like a project I could build for the computer if it doesn't need to be immediately recorded.

R/s,<br />
Charlie

#19 ·
Charles.F.Phillips the average book is a complete record of every shooter that shoots ATA targets in that year. There is a new book published every year.

The book lists all information number of targets registered, averages, yardage, state, they even list address and shooters number. The book also list high average by state the top 100 averages in ATA competition. There is a wealth of information in the book and is well worth the money.

That would be the reason that the books that Bryn has would appeal to others and not just the person whose records would be entered into it. This is actually amusing as those that know what an average book is for take it for granted that everyone else knows. Which as I and now other are beginning to realize, is not the case.

In this case my ignorance is showing because as I said I took it for granted that everyone new what the average book was.

So if you have an average book as long as you know the name of an ATA shooter. The state in which he/she resides you can look up there name and averages for that year.

Bob Lawless

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.