1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by doc boc, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doc boc

doc boc Member

Went to see avatar yesterday. the movie is made by tree huggers for tree huggers. there is no end to the anti man, anti business and anti military sentament in this movie. for what it's worth great special effects. ironically the movie exaults mindless tribal life but was made with the best man made technology. boycott it if you can. happy new year and good shooting doc

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Agreed doc. I saw it this weekend with the wife. My thoughts are similar. Here's my take:

1. VISUALLY STUNNING. Amazing CGI, and 3-D.

2. Plot line is pretty formulary.

3. Characters are boring, and you never really care about them.

About an hour into it, I was hoping for the wrap-up to come soon.

And, in typical hollywood fashion:

4. The military is evil.

5. Humans are basically evil, and are nothing more than exploiting, scavenging, opportunists.

6. Humans have already killed the planet earth. Its just a matter of 100 years or so before we'll need to start moving off the planet.

7. We'll kill any other planet we go to in no time.

3. Jerseyshooter

Jerseyshooter TS Member

I concur. I saw it with my daughter who is 22. We both thought the visuals were great...story was done before. There is an old cartoon movie we used to watch when my same daughter was 8 called "Ferngully".....change the other planet to the rainforest, miitary to evil monster, blue people to forest fairies...voila...same movie! I had to laugh at the final scene with blue people pointing arrows at the outgoing mercenaries. Outcome of course, is totally wrong. In the entire history of the world when superior technology encounters stone age culture, stone age loses. End of story. For refence see "Inca" "Aztec" "Australian Aborigine" "Zulu" " North American Indian", etc!

4. shamlin

shamlin Member

WOW.....clueless. Did you fail American History...specifically the part about the Native Americans. The movie was making an example of what we did to push out and take over a land that wasn't even ours in the first place. Second, it was pointing out our destructive ability to drain natural resources with no regard to nature. As an avid hunter, I can tell you first hand that the amount of land available to us today is far less than what it used to be due to our insatiable desire for MORE! Wake up and smell the coffee or maybe dust off your history books...if you argue any of those points than your head is flat out in the sand, or somewhere else that I will fail to mention!

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I thought it was a good movie

I wouldnt read too much more into it than that--

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Shamlin,

It is the immutable law of life that the strong always prey on the weak. Your view of history is skewed by California, Liberal text books that really can't pass as accurate 'history'. Before you get your panties in a bunch, think about this - our Indians are no more 'native' than any of us; in their limited view, I am a 'native American', because I was born here. Darwinians will tell you that they too conquered this land, walking over the Siberian land bridge from Asia.

You want to know about recent geographic history, read the authorized biographies of Chief Blackhawk, and Sitting Bull, and Chief Joseph of the Nez Perce. The collective histories of the Sioux, Hunkpappa, Sauk, Wyandots, Iroquois, and Seneca, virtually every tribe, Indian nation, gender, race, whatever you want to call them took their 'ancestral lands' from another tribe.........it's just fact. They are no better, or worse than any other tribe, white or of-color.

Oh, and the more plausible reason that you don't have hunting lands is the exponential population growth of 300 million inhabitants. I'm old too, and I can only fondly look back at my hunting lands lost to urban sprawl and excess population. We don't have to be proud of what some of our forefathers did, but I won't be duped into recrimination either.

IMHO,
    Kip

7. trapman69

trapman69 Member

I think I'll Boycott this stupid thread. Three people were offended by movie but watched the whole thing. What's that say.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

When the Hmong folks came to our area, they only knew to take every living thing they could for food.

Baby rabbits, robin eggs from the nest, 5 inch trout, the whole works. they hunted the deer down by the railroad yards all year long.

Oh, yes, there were a lot of missing dogs the first couple years too.

I can tell you most Caucasian sportsmen do not "drain natural resources", or poach wildlife, or ignore size limits. DNR mismanagement is another issue, they love to sell licenses and are learning a hard lesson right now.

If you want to see someone who doesn't respect the land there they are.

Oh, yes, I have not seen the movie and don't plan to.

HM

9. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

I seen the sherlock holmes movie instead.......good movie

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Well, if you don't see the movie in 3D, you are missing the best graphics and special effects ever placed on a screen, amazing. The movie is typical Cowboys (Settlers) and Indians. An old story, remade many times. This is just the latest edition of the story.

11. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

ITS ENTERTAINMENT-pure and simple.see the Hangover-i almost wet myself

12. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

Saw the previews for this movie and immediately noticed this was liberal flick. I personally will rarely pay the high prices they ask for movie tickets these days, particularly when those funds go to liberal drivel. Instead, go see the Blindside. It is a great story about mans ability to overcome adversity...

13. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The 3D effects are so real that when you leave the theater, it's almost as if the whole world is in 3D.

14. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Huge success, taken in over 1 billion dollars so far, second only to The Titanic. HMB

15. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I haven't seen the movie. But if you are going to refuse to watch it because of the left-wing brainwashing in the movie you will also have to quit watching almost every other movie and every television show not to mention every textbook in our schools. Our media sees the world through the eyes of a New York City or Los Angeles left-wing urban point of view riddled with white guilt. They are the ones that run our media. If the liberal dose of reality is too strong I too will get up and walk out. I overlook the messages in much of my entertainment and come out without being brainwashed because I have a strong independent streak in me and can see through it. Many mindless people can't. That is precisely how we have come to the point that the likes of Obama, Pelosi and Reid are running our country. I will wait until the movie comes to television and then watch it or not. I did monitor what my children watched when they were young so the left couldn't pollute their brains with modern garbage. Very few movies made are worth watching anymore. The worst shows on television today for children are the cartoons with all adult content. Libs know children will be attracted to them so they can destroy their little brain cells while they are young. It is scary how stupid many of our children are today. They have an in depth knowledge of pop culture but know nothing about what made our nation great. Those little skits you see on television where they interview the average man-on-the-street are not faked. People really are that stupid.

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Highflyer, Me Too!

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

in which theatre antiman 3d is running