1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Availability of NEW Remington 1100 Comp Syn??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DonMirabito, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonMirabito

DonMirabito TS Member

Can anyone say what is going on with availability of the new Remington 1100 Competition Synthetic? It came out in their catalog last fall. According to my call to Remington in July it was in production. Why can't I find one? Occasionally I hear about one being acquired by someone somehow, but generally they seem to be some kind of a secret. What is up with this???

Don

2. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Don, demand for these far exceeded Remington's production in 2011. Their total order for stocks and Auto-Buster recoil systems was for 750 units , which we supplied. There are a few guns available right now from the last batch of 230 or so Remington built. Go to the "Remington Lovers" forum on Shotgun World and see the thread about this gun and current availability. Supposedly, they are going to make about 800 more in 2012, but we do not have a purchase order as of today.

Ken & Carolyn Rucker...Speedbump Stockworks

3. DonMirabito

DonMirabito TS Member

Ken,
    Thanks for the update. I had not heard that. It now is starting to make sense to me. I guess I have to join the long lines of folks who are beating each other to the gun shops when a rumor floats about some shop having one. Trying to follow the standard protocol of having your dealer order one has not worked for me. I have standing orders,but none have shown ANY results.

Don

4. copperjohn

copperjohn Member

Don:
    try gander mountain and cabal's

5. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

I have been looking for one also. Sounds like pickings will be slim again this year. About ready to go in a different direction. They should not have listed it if they had a problem meeting the supply demands IMO. All that does is anger the buyer. Colonel

6. DonMirabito

DonMirabito TS Member

All,
    I agree that all it is doing is ticking me off. Its hard enough trying to buy anything in the communist state of MA, but having this kind of production limit is ridiculous. I have been a Remington shooter since the mid-60's. I saw the listing in the 2011 cat and wanted one to replace one of my trap guns. I have not been able to even SEE one at any shop I have visited AND I have thus far been unable to order one. They are always on backorder and/or unavailable with no time frame for when I "might" see one. I even visited a Cabela's in TX when on a business trip. They couldn't help either.

Don

7. DC Claygunner

DC Claygunner Member

I was trying to find one and took me about 2 weeks. I finally called Remington and they gave me about 25 dealer names they had just shipped to. I started down the list and the forth was a dealer in NC. He had one and I gave him my CCard right then. I'll have to say, its a nice gun with almost no recoil. Good luck, Barry Allen

8. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

Save your money and buy a new Beretta 400 Sporting Clays model. Better internals, much better trigger, much better pointing if you have to use an automatic. Speedbump aside, which is a great product, the 1100 is still a rehashed 1962 design with a lousy trigger that is prone to give it up at just the wrong time.

A good litmus test is to count the number of pros that shoot a given gun. I will wager that the number for this one is zero!

9. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Typical Remington. I sometimes wonder why they say they are a gun company. I saw the gun at the Grand and it was the first thing I have really wanted from the gun world for sometime. Last month I was told much as above by a Remington employee that they scheduled 1000 for 2011 and they sold the first few days. No more scheduled for some time. Didn't know when--how many--or even for sure IF.
    BUT they are spending a ton sending a truck everywhere with a very nice young man on board to let people shoot the new Versa Max---I did---OK. It shot well but has that same "squishy" feeling that the Benelli has; definitely not the solid lock up expected from Remington in the 1100's and 1187's.
    As far as I'm concerned they should have named it the "REMNELLIE". It's close!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.