1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Availability of lead

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Herb Roach, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herb Roach

Herb Roach Member

I just copied this from Wikipedia:

"At current use rates, the supply of lead is estimated to run out in 42 years. Environmental Analyst, Lester Brown, however has suggested lead would run out in 18 years based on an extrapolation of 2% growth per year. This may need to be reviewed to take account of renewed interest in recycling, and rapid progress in fuel cell technology."

I'm sure many have read this before, but for some of us, 18 years will not be in our lifetime, and certainly 42 years won't be. But, there are many out there who are certainly going to be affected, so maybe this will be meaningful to them. Herb Roach

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Wikipedia, Is not a trustworthy site from what I've been told, has to many ties to liberalism (people that put in the information).

There is a effert being made to get the EPA to ban it as a "toxic waste" problem.

Alot of people telling us that by handling lead, you are going to get lead poisoning! Even the 4-H and Hunter Ed people(paid employees) are forcing the propangda!

If you tell a lie offen enough and long enough, it will become the truth(to some anyway)

Rule of thumb: If the government touches subject at hand, question it big time!!!

3. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

By then hard plastic shot will have been developed, 20 ga. bore and under will be the only ones allowed. 15 yards will be the handicap range, with 8 yards being the closest. The Grand will be held in a large arena or sports complex so it can be air conditioned, and wind will not bother the shot or targets.

The other possibility is that people selling lead and seeing the prices go down again, are trying to prop prices back up, and the lead supply actually will not run out in 42 years.

4. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Not long ago on the history channel was the history of lead.. from mining to car batteries.. nowdays something like 80% of car batteries are from recycled lead.. along with the guys mining the feilds for shot.. I'm not worried the least bit..

5. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I'm sure steel shot is in our future---Just don't know if our bbls will handle it---The gun mfg's probably are looking into it as we speak---SJB---

6. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

The Chinese use more lead in the painted junk they import to the U.S.A. than what we blow out of our gun barrels. Shotshells & bullets use a small percentage of the total lead market, less than 10%. CED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.