Trapshooters Forum banner

Autumn Grand

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  RodRitter 
#1 ·
Had a Great week at the Autumn Grand. Facility was great as were the targets. Ok, on Thursday management forgot to put in the perfect weather request and we had wind.

The facility was clean and pleasant. The payoffs were quick. I liked the targets .... ok I shot above my average. But they were certainly uniform from trap to trap. The targets when hit well did produce balls of smoke!

My personal thanks to the airmen (and woman) who manned the pulling scoring duties. Yes, many were doing it for the first time, but, all were pleasand and sharp. They all made me proud of our armed forces. God bless America.

I'm sure some things could be improved. This thread will, I'm sure will bring those to light. But, given the first time with the new management and some new approaches I think it was great.

Rod Ritter

#5 ·
The scorekeepers did an outstanding job being as new as they were!! They follow instructions well!!

Thursday was a wind blown day but Mother Nature must always have her way/say!

Yes, the shoot-offs were a tad late in getting started but the two guys handling all that also shoot. When they did get things straightened out, it ran pretty smooth!

HAP

#6 ·
Most of the scorers were from the Air Force base. Highly motivated and mannerly, all.

We had one who was great. When we were done getting ready and asked for a "c'um" bird, he would shout out "rrrreadddddy ... shooooooottterrrss, FIRE! He did that every time we moved to each post. He broke me up. Great kids.

#7 ·
Not sure whether this is accurate, but I was told the young military people worked without being compensated. If this is true I wish shoot management would have advised the shooters as I know our squad and am sure most others would have tipped these fine young people who did a great job.

As for someone's decision to park a black and white tour bus out in front of banks 11 & 12 on Friday, can't understand such thinking!

Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.