1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Autumn Gold Lenses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tracyhunter, Nov 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Time for a new set of RX lenses.thinking about the Autumn Gold's from Morgan.Anyone have them?Do you like them?thank you.
    tracy

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what Morgan's autumn gold looks like but I have Decot gold-15 lenses and like them a lot. They work great in cloudy, overcast conditions and even at night under lights with both orange and green targets.

If the lenses you are considering are darker in tint, they may be like Decot's medium bronze. They are the best for a lot of shooters at keeping targets of both colors in view when they go between treetops or into any brighter background from a darker one.

Ed

3. teddy34

teddy34 TS Member

I got Autumn Gold from Steve Maltzahn (641-782-8464) like them alot.
    Gary

4. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Call Wayne at Morgan Optical Sports Glasses at 800)594-0175 or 716)379-8773.

Good luck.

Jon Reitz

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The link above has detail information on the Autumn Gold Transition lenses that Steve Maltzahn has.

6. idoc

idoc Member

I see that the lens that Steve is handling is both photochromatic and made out of Trivex. That should be a great combination if it doesn't get too dark.

7. verypoor

verypoor Member

can these be made to fit post 4 frames?

8. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

My wife uses Autumn
    gold from Maltz, under all light conditions, its the only lenses she uses now, she likes them. Scott

9. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I also have the autumn golds from Maltz. I like them in low lite conditions but when the sun is bright they dont make the orange color glow like some other colors do. There are better colors out there that make the bird look like a ball of fire. Once you find that color you will be amazed.

10. benschott

benschott Member

Have them, don't care for them at all. Just as goose2 has said, "there are better colors out there that make the bird look like a ball of fire."

Gary

11. Firewater

Firewater Member

Well Goose, what color is that?Mike

12. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Well Mike I will start with a darker shade of purple but remember, different colors for different eyes. Purple makes that orange look like pumpkin to me. There are also some shades of brown and vermillion that work well also. For all sun or clouds I like the the deepest color of orange lens you can find. Good luck with your choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

autumn gold transition lenses