1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Automation (WINNERS)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by southjblue, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

As time and govt. regulation continue to cause unemployment we will have to find ways to survive----Take a look at new blueberry harvesters.Each machine will replace hundreds of farm workers when necessary----Americans won't do the work anymore and legal workers are at a decline.The machine has no social security # and a hsband and wife can operate one.I know of one family where both husband and wife operates one and can harvest their whole crop.It's a shame but it will be a way of life.This is not the only industry that is going towards automation.---Our president better wise up---We will find a way----

Best to all----SJB
    southjblue_2008_0303764.jpg

southjblue_2008_0303765.jpg

southjblue_2008_0303766.jpg

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

George, What do they cost?

3. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Aprox $100,000.00----With proper maintenance one will last 40 yrs---They only work 6 wks a year----Think what labor will cost @ hundreds replaced---It will pay for its self in no time----No govt. inspectors to take up your time---You should see the ag a farmer has to go through----It will be a way of life soon.
    George

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

George, what part of the country are you located?

Didn't know they grew that many Blueberries, guess I really never thought of it

The have come a long ways, I was at my buddies place, he had just bought a Caterpillar Challenger, and rode with him on it the GPS steered, and operated the whole thing we were pulling a 65 ft soil conditioner, it kept it perfectly on track at the end rows it would slow the tractor down, raise the conditioner turn drop the conditioner and and speed back up

It was unbelievable

5. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Cat---Just think how many workers that thing put out of business---Again, it's a shame but a future way of life.I live in the blueberry capital of the world.We harvest the best tasting blueberries and the most for the fresh mkt in the USA---I try to keep my whereabouts a mystery---You'd never believe where I am----Lets have some fun---There will be someone to tell where it is but it will be a guess--- and then I'll fess up----George

6. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Automation has put a bunch of people out of work, when I bought my first plasma table I thought $100,000 was a pile of money, but it can lay out and cut duct and fittings faster than any human can, and I don't have to listen to it whine

The machine paid for itself the first year

7. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

southjblue,

Are you from New Jersey? We grow a lot of blueberries in the southern part of the state.

Chichay

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Hammonton NJ?

9. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

But people are employed in good jobs to design, build, and maintain this automation.

10. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

So far I'm getting guesses---I am going to collect all the msgs and the colosest ones will be put into a hat and my grandaughter will pick out the winner and a special packed blueberry plant will be sent with planting instructions---No fair to those that know me----I'd like to make it a K-80 but there would be fraud---gL to the winner----George

11. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Johnny---You'r right---we need them---They are helping to curve regs----SJB

12. Just-A-Shooter

Just-A-Shooter Member

South J are you in Vermount?

13. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

http://xfinity.comcast.net/

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"No fair to those that know me"

Dammit. I was just getting ready to win too. George told me awhile back where he lives and even invited me to visit sometime. I love blueberries.

15. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Without automation, you'd be spending close to 50.00 per hour, per person to pick those berry's. I'm betting your grand daughter has no intention of becoming a professional berry picker. Automation is the only thing that can save Americans from it's self.

16. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

http://www.dimeofarms.com/about.html

This havvester will pick what 200 hand pickers will pick---Note---Aprox 3 people will work the harvester--There will be another 3 people on the truck to carry to packing house but those 3 would be used with the hand help-----More detail to come if interested----He said cost of machine is $200,000.00---Wrong----It can be had for $100,000.00 + but not 200 thou----NOTE--Grapes, Cherries and more are being delveloped----Even heard that they are working on an orange picker----Obama won't need all those govt. inspectors with this going on----Shame but true----

SJB

17. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Not Vermont----

18. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

221----You'r right---I'll tell you this tho---A mex can pick and clear $20.00 P/H but they work----Start at daybreak and work till dark---Put lights in the field and I think they'd go the night.His wife will work long side and that's 40 P/H plus free housing---Someone might say any overtime---They work piece work----Offer them min wage + time and 1/2 and they would take the piece rate.
    Those folks can work and they are smart----Can't believe why Mexico is so far behind----It's the govt. that keeps them down----Why do they want to come here?
    You figure----George

19. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Neat.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gUCd1aHVxsg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

And you don't need to rent anymore Porta-Potties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.