1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

automatic trap machines for the "back Yard"

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ark1stclass, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ark1stclass

ark1stclass TS Member

I am looking for a battery powered clay thrower for the back yard, As there the trap field is 4o miles away.

What recomendationds do you all have?

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

automatic trap machines for the

Spend the money and get an Atlas. You won't be sorry. Mark

3. trap11

trap11 TS Member

I just purchased a DoAll battery powered trap. It does a fantistic job. Based on my firet expouseure to it have purchaed the wobble unit.

Expect to have a lot of fun with the machines.

KHM

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

X2 on the Atlas, I've had one for about 7 yrs, and it hasn't missed a lick

I use a battery charger to run it, makes it a little easier

5. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

I vote for the At;as. Someone at the club has used one for several years and it has not missed a lick. I bought a POS Do-all and it worked for a few months. After that all the do-all did was break itself or the targets.

trap11, I hope they have improved. Mine even broke the motor gear housing. It finally went to the great resting place of all junk - the city dump!

6. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

One thing I will add, if you are handy at all, you can build the oscillating base for the Atlas, it uses a windshield wiper motor, I bought the base, and after looking at it, wish I'd built my own, would have been cheaper, but it works great

7. det131

det131 Member

Second the opinion of the DoAll.

Bought three of them about six years ago for 4H program. First one was flawless and continues to be. Bought two more it worked so well. Nothing but junk. One never worked out of box. Company had great support but tiered of replacing motors, wire harnesses, gear boxes, etc. The other throws a nice target when you can get it to stop breaking them.

Perhaps now they have worked out all the kinks, price point was affordable but you get what you pay for.

Save your pennies up and get a better quality unit.

Jim

8. CR7Prez

CR7Prez Member

Atlas AT250! They are built like a Tank. Buy the oscilator, set it up 16 yards out and you'll swear your are at the Club.

Jeff

9. traploader

traploader Member

This is a custom Western Wobble Doubles trap made by Western Retro Products. This machine will run on 12VDC or 110VAC. Holds 100 targets. Throws automatic singles or doubles. Standard or International (110mm) targets. Oscillates upto 94deg horizontally and 30 deg vertically. Will throw an ATA target presentation. Cast aluminum construction. Commercial quality capable of throwing more than a million targets. Pricing from $2995. Ian Brotherston Western Retro Products

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.