1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Automated P-W Loader

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 12 Gage, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12 Gage

12 Gage Member

A friend of mine is looking for some information and cost of the electronic unit for automating a P-W loader. Any information will be appreciated. Gord.

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

The Automate is not available for the PW, Gord. MEC bought it out and it is apparently only available for the MEC machines. You might contact MEC to see if and when they will be available for the PW. The previous owner of the company had working units for the PW. Bill Malcolm

3. 12 Gage

12 Gage Member

Bill,
    I believe I read somewhere that an Automate was developed for the PW but required further refinement (a chip)to be able to stop the stroke anywhere inthe cycle. This was after Mec sold the rights. Jack is looking for something for his PW other than hydraulic. Gord

4. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I had an Automate for P/W and the updated chip that allowed for instant start/stop in mid cycle. It was a fine working unit, but I sold it to someone on this site and went Spolar hydraulic. Just a personal preference thing for me, but I did enjoy playing with the Automate. I even had the P/W shell feeder working with it, which had not been offered by Automate at the time the company sold to Mec.

I don't know if/when Mec will offer it, but it was a working product before the sale. The same unit worked on Spolar, as the base of the Automate unit had two sets of threads to install either unit.

The updated chip was a simple eprom type of thing that easily installed.

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

I bought the AutoMate from Didreckson and have had over 20 thousand trouble free loads since then. It took a little while to set up (20 minutes) and has worked great ever since except for one time when I tweaked one of the end of cycle sensor settings when I did not need to. In about 20 rounds it failed to cycle when pushed and I put the sensor back where it needed to be and all was well again. When I was shooting skeet I would install the P/W 900 for a particular gauge and load a couple of flats. Now my 12ga unit is there all the time. I tried to convince MEC to make or sell the rights to the P/W - Spolar Auto Mate but to no avail. I am afraid that this is going to be one of those great ideas that gets shoved aside by corporate politics.
    --- Chip King ---

6. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

MEC has a representative at the World Skeet Championsips here in San Antonio. He told me that MEC wants to make the Automate available to Spolar and PW owners. It Is just a matter of completing negotiations with these companies to figure out the details such as who would sell it, what name would be on it, etc. It appears that worries about it never happening may not be valid. Let's hope. Ron Renouf

7. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information Ron. I will probably see Gord's friend tomorrow and will pass your comments on to him. Bill Malcolm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.