1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

automate question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ron y, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ron y

ron y TS Member

I just purchased a mec automate,,I am having a problem with the chargebar returning,,I have installed the brass washer and the rubber washer,,but it still sometimes sticks,,then I have a mess,,,any solutions???
    I am reloading sts hulls,win 209 primers,rem tg12wads,imr pb powder.
    thanks,,,,,,,,ron

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Ron, do you have the connecting rod between the Automate and the loader adjusted to the correct length? Do the "top" and "bottom" position lights come on and stay on when the rod is in its highest and lowest positions? Does the charge bar move freely with the rod disconnected?

Ed

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Ron, when I bought my Automate, one of the first things I do is to take the charge bar out and use a file on it to make sure there are no burrs and that it will slide freely back and forth.

Don't know if that is your problem, but it is worth checking out.

Hauxfan!

4. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

Your shot bottle might be to tight. Mine was.
    Don

5. crk

crk Member

Agree with Don - I had the same issue when I would tighten the shot bottle too much. Also, try replacing the white "dog bone" shaped thing on the charge bar - that also seems to help the bar return.

6. Ultra Man

Ultra Man Member

The white dog bone was the culprit with my 9000. It can be pryed out and turned over to use the other side. I was ready to abandon the Mec ship but decided to try the automate on a pretty new 9000 I had and I love it. You can't beleive it's the same loader. Also blew a couple fuses, found the primer seating tube a fraction to low. Good Shooting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.