1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Automate II

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by j2jake, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Have any of you ingenious Automate II owners converted your unit to a foot switch. If so would you share with me how you did it? Thanks, Jake

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Up for Jake.

3. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

Jake, I'd be interested in that also. See you Thursday for lunch.
    Don

4. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

5. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Jake, in spite of the amount of chatter about foot switches you read on here from people who have never used an AutoMate, it would appear that most AutoMate users don't see a need for one. I wouldn't want mine to operate any differently and believe that if you can't load a wad and hull in the almost four seconds it takes the unit to cycle, a foot switch isn't going to help.

Ed

7. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Considering the way the AM II works I am of the opinion I can load a little faster with a foot switch. Just my opinion. I remember there were some who modified theirs for one button operation. Jake

8. soup

soup Member

I just bought a casefeeder for my 800+ w/AMII . I haven't hooked it up yet but I think it would really make things easier & a little faster although you really need to be aware of what you are doing. Thats a " whole lota shakin goin on " at one time. Perhaps a foot switch would be nice for some but I'm pretty happy with the button system. I did buy the oversizes buttons-they are somewhat of an aid.
    SOUP

9. newcastle

newcastle Member

New automate works fine with two buttons, release either button on down stroke machine stops, press both buttons again to continue cycle or just one button and machine go's back to home position, I really like these features and you can still load a lot of shells in a short period of time. quality and safty over quanity for me at all times. its not a race and beets siting in front of the TV watching some stuipid show.

10. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Fellas I have been using my AM II for close to 3 years now. I am fully aware of the saftey aspect of putting a foot pedal on. Had I needed a saftey estimate I would have qurried OSHA. It is obvious some of you are incapable of safely operating equipment without supervision or built in stupid eliminators. Now, still looking for the answer for my origional question. If you have it please PM me so to avoid the OSHA wanna bees out there. Jake

11. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Skeet2dat, thank you for pointing out my obvious disreguard for my own saftey. I could carry this discussion on further but I will offer this to you: May your day be blessed by the presence and beauty of all things good. Jake

12. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Skeet2day, Thanks for the info. Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.