1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Autoloader cleaning

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by code5coupe, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Thought I'd pass along a tip for you shooters of gas-operated autoloaders:

Use Never-Dull (or Eagle 1 Polishing wadding, it's the same stuff)to clean the carbon build up on the magazine tube directly under the gas ports. It takes a little bit of rubbing, but it WILL remove the carbon without harming the chrome on the magazine.

Good shooting!

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

As if knowing the meaning of life wasn't enough for me.....now, I have this lil' nugget.

Tron

3. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

"If you put a bit of Break Free CLP on the tube after cleaning then the next time....." But first, you have to get it clean...which was my point. ;)

BTW, I tried CLP....the crud was worse than with nothing at all. :(

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

code5coupe

Try some of the BreakFree stuff out of an aerosol spray can. I don't know why, but it cuts that crud off of the mag tube like nothing else, if you use a good heavy shop towel and a liberal application of the spray. The plain liquid is OK, but does not do as well as the spray can. Wally World even carries the stuff now. The Nev R Dull stuff is sometimes hard to find, but I would think it should work alright.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.