1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

@@@Autobuster ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chipdaddy, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chipdaddy

chipdaddy Member

Looking for input on Ken Rucker's AutoBuster recoil device. I have a tendency to pull the gun in sometimes, I know the device comes with different springs, mediunm and heavy. So I'm wondering how you like the AutoBuster and if there are any concerns. I have one of Ken's BumpBusters and I know the workmanship is very good. thanks. Jerry
  2. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

I've got one on an 1100 Synthetic Competition, had one on a Versa Max and put one on a 725. The recoil reduction isn't quite what you get with a Bumpbuster, but in the case of the 725, I didn't want to add Bumpbuster weight to the back end and disrupt the balance of the gun. The Auto Buster helped with recoil and kept the gun feeling the way I wanted it to feel.

You probably won't use the light springs. I tried the heavies and noticed enough more recoil that I went home and put the mediums back in and haven't contemplated a change since.

Initially leery of the compression issue and stock movement on my face, I found it to be a total non-issue. I have no concerns about them, which is probably obvious since I have three of them.
    Dave
  3. chipdaddy

chipdaddy Member

thanks for the information, apprentley not as popular as I had hoped.
  4. Shooter R

Shooter R TS Member

Mine seems to work just fine. I do believe it reduces the sharp jab on your shoulder. Even with light loads, after 100, 200 or 300 rounds it can add up.

I'm not a physics major, but I believe the energy it takes to compress the springs, is just that much less than is imparted to your shoulder. And while I've never experienced any shoulder pain, I believe "felt recoil" will encourage you to do things like: lift your head, jerk the gun, and not follow through.
  5. chipdaddy

chipdaddy Member

Thanks. Jerry
  6. Ruck

Ruck Active Member

Jerry, the Auto-Buster is primarily for a semi auto shotgun. I don't install many of them for trapshooters, but the sporting clays crowd use a lot of them. Counting the 750 we supplied to Remington last year, we have about 3000 in use since it hit the market 3 1/2 years ago. We just got a p.o. from Remington for 460 more.

Ken Rucker... Speedbump Stockworks
  7. Rem870TB

Rem870TB TS Member

I just picked up my new 1100 Competition Synthetic on April 30th.

I have been shooting trap for 40+ years and I have found my new, favorite gun.

In my experience, the Autobuster is very smooth and seems to recover as fast as the action cycles, no lag in waiting for the device to recover for follow up shots. Except for the reduced felt recoil, I couldn't feel anything odd from the unit.

I'm quite impressed.
  8. 2llc

2llc Member

I purchased an 1100 Competition Synthetic in Mid November 2011. I have fired about 5000 rounds through it with using 1200 fps 1 1/8 oz loads. The only change I made was to put in the heavy springs.. No felt recoil, no pain, adjusts to my needs and no problems. It works absolutely great.... Larry
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.