1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Auto Transporting Across country

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by W.P.T., Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have been shopping around and think I finally found the new Toy I have been needing ... I would have to have it Transported from Northern Illinois to Sun City, Arizona and due to the weather it can be transported on an open trailer ... The Toy is a Dodge Challenger, I would like some information if anyone has had some experience with a company in doing a transport long distance ... I have several prices and am in the process of doing the final paperwork ... I have done this a few times before but the Company's are out of business from what I can tell ... Thx, WPT ... (YAC) ...

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Bill--I would use Reliable Carriers. I have a buddy that drove for them for 27 years before he retired. They are a very serious vehicle transportation company and have alot of high profile clients. There is a reason quite alot of the big time auto collectors use them. I have never personally used them myself so i do not know much about the costs. I have ran with some of their drivers across the States when i was still driving dry-van OTR and i know those guys never sleep(seemed that way sometimes anyway). They will get your new toy there fast. I'll guarentee you that. I know their equipment is modern and top notch and that usually says alot about how they treat their customers and their vehicles. Just a thought anyway. Link above.

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Thanks Matt, I will call them and check them out ....

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Got it set up and ready once the paperworks is completed ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Tell me you got the SRT8 with 6.4 litre rated at 470 hp @ 6,000 rpm, and 470 lb-ft of torque @ 4,200 rpm????

If so, you are one lucky dude Bill!!!!

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Matt,

I tried them all and opted for the Challenger R/T Classic Plus, has all of the options the SRT8 has and a milder drive train ... My wife is elated that I am finally trying to calm things down a little in the automobile dept ... This one has the 5.7 Hemi with an attitude, 6 speed, posi, moon roof, and all of the things you'd find on a jukebox and more for entertainment ... Heated seats are a must in Arizona (HUH) and it even got them, remote starting to cool it down before you have to get in, and a list of things that goes on father than I care to read ... Basically, its got more crap on it than I will ever use or probably find out about ... It will look good sitting next to the "Mad Dog" in the garage, thats what I call my 67 Plymouth 2 door sedan with a real Hemi in it ... Later, WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. rd

rd TS Member

My son was in the auto transport business for fifteen years, and from what I learned from him, it is always risky to transport a quality or collectible auto on an open carrier. If you do, make sure it is FULLY insured.

The hazards include, but are not limited to: rocks, gravel, and hail, vandalism from graffiti "artists", bums and thieves getting in the cars and using them as traveling campers, and, not uncommon, chains and trailer malfunctions of every description. Just sayin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.