1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Auto repair warranties

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

save your money, they are worthless. Lots of info on the net to read. If you really want to know the truth, go to your repair shop ( shop;s) ask them. They will probably tell you they wont even accept their plans

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

cigar is dead on, scam and nothing more

3. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

they promise guarantee's but let the repair shop TRY AND GET PAID. They have people on staff specially trained to try and figure a way out of paying the claim. I have had 35 years in the auto repair business. The only ones that are any good is the factory extended warranty backed by the manufacturer. They are pretty good and good at any dealer of that brand anywhere in the country. Motordoc

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Factorys are the way to go.If you want one.

5. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

most of the dealerships won't accept them. Then after you pay and try and get reimbursed, the company denies the claim. Totally worthless. Birdtracker

6. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

I bought a new Toyota Avalon a little over a year ago. Lots of bells and whistles, so I decided to go for the 7 year 100,000 mile factory warranty. The dealer I purchased the car from wanted $2,050 for the warranty. I declined and got on internet and shopped Toyota warranties. Found a Toyota dealer about 70 miles away who sold me the same exact factory warranty for $650. Get the factory warranty but shop, shop, shop.

7. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

I am a retired auto insurance appraiser. My company was hired by several of these aftermarket mechanical warranty companies to inspect damage and failure claims. Out of twenty years, I know of only one claim that was paid. Even though I had advised the co. that most were legitimate claims. ----- SAVE YOUR MONEY ----- I suggest that if your vehicle is out of warranty, start a vehicle repair account and feed it regularly. Bill Hom

8. BLACKDOG

BLACKDOG TS Member

I work at a new car dealer ship, see ALL kinds of warranties. There are good ones and REALLY BAD ONES. I would suggest to go to where ever you might go and ask the service's people about it. Would they accept it, if they have any experience with that company. We offer a contract here, NOT cheap, however if purchased here $ 0.00. FREE LOANER CAR. They are good things, however you need to focus on the car also. Some times people have issue's they do not see, that is where you regular service center comes in. They need to keep you up to date on any repairs needed. These fast lube place's do not care about needed repairs, ONLY what they can sell you on impluse.

9. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

When the 39-mo lease on my wife's Audi (Allroad) ran out, we bought the car. Audi gave us an additional 48mo/48,000mi warranty as "goodwill" (freebee). Whenever we have a problem with the car, we just take it back to the dealer and they make the necessary call to find out if it's covered. So far, aside from normal wear & tear, it's covered everything. I don't know who underwites the policy (maybe Audi itself) but from what I've read in the posts, ours has been an "unusual" experience. As long as they keep treating us right, we'll keep on buying their car... this is our 5th (A4, S4, TT, A8 and Allroad).

10. Baber

Baber TS Member

The non Auto Manufacturer warrantees are a RIP OFF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.