1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

auto pistol

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bulgie, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulgie

bulgie TS Member

know a fella in my town who only has one arm and shoots a revolver better than most. He wants to shoot some auto loaders but has not figured a way to safely get the slide back and get one under the hammer. Is there some devise that will help him? Maybe a speacil holster? Thanks.Sam

2. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

You could try what I suggested on the last thread you asked regarding this. The police use their leg. Hold the slide against your leg firmly and drop to one knee while pressing the slide to you. John

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Tell him to get a used Norinco 77B 9mm. The front of the trigger guard can be pulled back, cycling the slide. It can be done one handed. Click the link for pics.

4. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Brain in Oregon advocating Chi-com junk...you saw it here first.

5. mt

mt Member

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but beretta has a tilt up barrel model....you put a round in the barrel and when you fire that round it cycles the slide....i think that's how it works....it might save him from having to pull/slingshot the slide.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Buzzy, I'd advocate an American version of it, 'cept no one here makes it. The chicoms win by default. The Americans were a no show.<br>
    <br>
    Speaking of chicom goods, I have a chicom AK in 223 that's surprisingly accurate. As good as the average AR-15 and it flat blows a Mini-Blaster out of the water. Their military hardware is nothing to laugh it. That #### works.

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Most support hand only clearance and loading drills are performed using a firm duty belt. The rear sight is captured on the belt and the slide is retracted. In the case a mag has to be ripped out of the gun, the magazine lip is captured on the belt and the mag is ripped out of the gun. The open, empty firearm is stuffed in the belt, and a new mag is inserted. Then, the mag is tapped on the leg over the knee, and the rear sight is captured again on the belt, and the slide closes, chambering a round. Needless to say, limp wristed one hand shooting is not a good idea. Toned arm and hand strength are prerequisites for reliable functioning.

As a professional Defensive Firearms Trainer, quite a bit of my personal training and training for my clients consists of one handed shooting/loading/clearance drills.

In my travels, the Sig P226, P228, and P229 are among the easiest semi autos to operate one handed. Do NOT install the tapered Novak rear sight. The factory and Trijicon/Meprolight sight work well in one handed drills.

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Your friend should consider having a bolt handle installed on the top rear of his auto loader's slide. The pistol could then be opened by pushing the handle against the lip of a holster or a table. Magazine insertion could be accomplished with the gun in the holster. This is a fairly common modification on 'race' guns with optical sights. The down side of a bolt handle is it adds width to the pistol which wouldn't be acceptable in a carry application.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.