1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AUTO MATE FOR MEC LOADERS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by fordtech, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fordtech

fordtech TS Member

Who sells these auto mates for mec loaders?Are they worth the expense?Or should i just buy a hydrualic mec?Are they hard to install and set up?Just thought i would get some info from some of you who may have them.

2. thedemoguy

thedemoguy TS Member

Mec just bought Auto-Mate and they will be for sale through Mec.
    I got one from a guy on this sit and it's great, it was easy to set-up and runs very well.
    Great product and money well spent, highly recommend it.

Bill

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Don,

From all of the reading and talking to that I have done, the Auto-mate is the way to go. It is a lot quieter and easier to control if you have problems. I have CD-ROM of it in operation if you would like to borrow it sometime.

ec90t

4. fordtech

fordtech TS Member

ec90t,anybody sell them locally around here?I tried to contact them no luck.MEC dont list them on their site yet.

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Mec won't have them available for another month or so. Something to do with changing production site's. I don't believe that they are changing anything, they just have to gear up for their production.

You will be able to order them directly from Mec or any Mec dealer when they become available.

ec90t

6. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

www.amtarget.com/video/am2_rm.rm

Found this video within 45 seconds of searching. It's a video that shows the complete operation of one of the automate systems. Hope it helps.

BTW: The video is for Real Media Player. If you don't have it, there are other versions HERE.

-Jollytrapshooter

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

If Don has a dial-up connection it could take him a while to download that video.

ec90t

8. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

You're right, didn't think of that. The Real Player version is only 6MB, shouldn't take too long....here's hopin!

-Jollytrapshooter

9. fordtech

fordtech TS Member

I downloaded video and seen it a week or so ago.I just was wondering about hooking it up to the loader.and actual using it.some products dont always work as advertised.the other problem was actualy talking to the company.all i ever got was recordings.but what eric says makes since if mec bought them.their probably in process of moving.

10. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Don,
    When the Auto-Mate first came out a few people where confused about its operation and how to hook it up. After it was explained to them they quickly realized how to make the connections.

The loader itself doesn't work any differently, it just removes the human element are far as working the lever. Your loads will be more consistant and you can stop the action at any time during the cycle to make adjustments or clean up a mistake. I will have one of these down the road a little piece.

ec90t

11. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I bought mine from James Benn. It came with instructions on how to hook it up.

Those instructions were right on the money. It only took me a very short time to get it up and running.

Zero problems.

I highly recommend an Auto-Mate.

Hauxfan!

12. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

This is one of the few products you will buy that does exactly what it is supposed to do. I have in excess of 50,000 loads thru my loader with the Automate. The Automate works flawlessly! I have the Mec 9000G with the new large cap primer tray,(you can put 250 in it) large bottles for both powder and shot, load a flat in about 30 min. Great product, try it, you'll not be disappointed. Jake

13. thedemoguy

thedemoguy TS Member

I got a instructional DVD with it, between the DVD and the instructions it was a snap to hookup, you can stop and replay the DVD if you aren't clear on something.

Bill

14. oldcop

oldcop Member

What is the ballpark price for the Auto Mate?

Jim Bryan

15. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

About $450 is what I paid for mine.

Tim

16. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

I tried one at the shot show. They are quiet and move just at the right speed to make loading the wad and hull a breeze.
    They stop mid cycle and back up if you wish.

They are really quiet and use 2 button to keep your fingers out of the works.

17. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

kwky,

Why?

18. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

kwky, Apparently you don't have a clue.

Try one first, like most of us here have done, and you'd buy it.

Hauxfan!

19. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

I'm w/ Haux on this one. Had the Hydraulic version and sold it to buy the Automate. Would never go back to the Hydraulic. JMHO. John aka jrdlanes

20. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I've never owned a hydraulic system because I didn't care for the ones a couple of my friends have. But I do love my Auto-Mate!

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.