1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Auto mate best deal on prices

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by striper, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

Had all these problems with my wrist with Karpel so thinking about the auto mate. Where can you get the best price and is it easy to install. I know they are very good now its just doing it.

2. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Jim sold out to MEC. Mash on MEC's web site.

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Only thing in the Automate line is the Mec version and you deal with Mec directly.

For the P/W or Spolar you can use the new P/W Electric Drive. They are $800.

Whiz

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Striper, installing a 9000G or GN on an AutoMate is not difficult and takes perhaps a half-hour.

You first attach your loader to the AutoMate with four thumbscrews. Then install two support links that run from the AutoMate's housing up to the charge bar area of the loader. Next, remove the MEC operating handle and linkage and replace it with the rear-facing parts that connect to the drive system of the AutoMate. Connect the drive rod to the AutoMate drive wheel and the loader's new operating linkage and you're ready to load shells. No loader adjustments should be needed.

I bought mine directly from designer Jim Benn several years ago, so I can't help you with a "best" source these days.

As an arthritis sufferer, I can relate to your reasons for looking into an AutoMate. You'll wonder why you waited so long.

Ed

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

I beg to differ on the installation procedure. Its a pain in the A...

If I had to do it over again I would send it to MEC and let them do it or buy a new 9000 already adapted.

The system got so out of whack I blew 10 fuses before I gave up and sent it back to MEC to fix. Thats where it is now.

Tom

6. crk

crk Member

I have two of these on two 9000's - relatively easy to convert (instructions can be a bit hazy but it works). Took about 20 minutes each but I can see where some may have encountered issues. They retail for about $375 to $400.

I will say that over time I have upped the fuse to a full 1 amp from the .7 that comes with it. The .7 can burn out with just a really heavy loading session.

Another nice add on that you can buy from MEC is the larger button caps - about $6 retail. Makes the process a little nicer as they are a larger surface to hit. They also have a new style wad finger (applies to all 9000) for 12 gauge that has a small relief on it where you insert the wad. Have not seen them in the stores yet but they have them at the plant (same with the button caps). They call them the "low boy" wad fingers.

7. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

Check Connie's Components website (http://www.conniescomponents.com/), the complete Automate 9000E $839.99, or the Automate unit alone $494.99, and both prices include shipping. My Automate 9000E works flawlessly and has just about completely cured a repetitive motion injury to my left shoulder. I would suggest selling your current unit and purchasing the whole thing news. I also own a Mec 9000H (hydraulic unit) and I really don't have a favorite.

As with anything mechanical, there are folks out there that can defeat even the best engineering and would really be better off buying new shells. We see this all the time on some of the threads that come in to TS.com.

Cheers

Larry Addison

(No, I don't get any kickback from Connie's either...wish I did!!)

8. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Larry,

You don't even know me and described me in detail. I took a bullet proof Spolar and adjusted it until it would not load very well. I sent it back to Spolar with a note that I had adjusted it until it would not load anymore. They fixed it and now I leave it alone. Sure makes pretty shells. I seem to like uloading them better than loading.

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.