1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

auto insurance

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Catpower, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

USAA

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Lower premium insurances usually will get you when you make changes.

Driver under the age of 25 expect to pay higher premium is normal, but $900 increase for 6 month is high, especially you only have two cars.

Premium is affected by age, driving records, claim history, vehicle type, and where you park. If everything were unchanged except adding a young driver, you should shop around.

I know if you add your older parents to your policy, even they don't drive much, premium will go down.

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Shop around. I got the best rate from State Farm and shopped just about everyone. If you have other coverage you can move to a new company that will help.

Eric

4. quartering

quartering Active Member

find an independent insurance agent in the yellow pages and let him find the best rates for you. but i'm curious, why is your daughter suddenly the major problem?

5. buster45

buster45 Active Member

Just changed all of mine to Farmers had a claim 3 days later could not asked for better service saved me hundreds of dollars in premiums.

Buster

6. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I second Farmers. That is who I have my autos with. Ray

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Jon do yourself a favor and call an Independant Agent. There are to many varibles involved in your rate to shop on here and with a agent that can only give you one choice.

Personally I wouldn't touch Farmers with a 10 ft pole.

Don

8. Harley Lekvold

Harley Lekvold TS Supporters TS Supporters

Farmer's for 50 plus years. Never a problem.

9. JIM SIMS

JIM SIMS Member

I don't know if they write insurance in your area,but

WAWANEESA (based in SAN DIEGO )has given me excellent service and best prices

for 10 years now.

GOOD LUCK

JIM

10. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

It really depends on individual situation.

I have 6 policies with All State for 26 years, many, many companies and agents tried to get my business, most can beat All State in car insurance, but no one EVER beats all my 6 policies in total cost.

Unit price is not important, total out the door price is. This rule applies to everything. Last time I put wood floor in the house, the $7.50/sqf guy turn out to be less expensive than the $6.50/sqf guy in total out the door price.

So have a good agent evaluate your overall situation, let them work on it for you, then pick the best one in your best interest.

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

USAA - also why not take your daughter of the policy? she is 23? Let her pay the rates for whatever issues she has had? Thats your bus Jon but do go with USAA. Sometimes the lower rates are not the best choice. Switch the homeowners too. But - the most important thing is dont let them cancel you without coverage elsewhere. If you get canceled and then go shopping it wont be pretty

12. missemucho

missemucho Member

If you have 3A road service be sure to check them out; can pay by the month with them as well if you like. I've been with them for over 20 years with no problems.
    John

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Good for you Harley and I hope you continue. I represented them for 15 yrs and I can tell you horror stories by the bunch. They are also one of your beautiful foreign owned companies and I am sure the Swiss appreciate your loyalty.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.