1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Auto & Homeowners Insurance

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to pass along something that may help you. USAA is an insurance company for military ( active duty or retired or vets) Once you are a member, any family member can also join even if they are not prior military. They have the absolute best customer service and rates of any company out there. I converted all of my family ( sons, brother, nieces, nephews) and the money thay saved is amazing. They pay their claims better than any company period. They really take care of their members. Do yourself a favor and go online and get a fast and free quote. Example - my brother saved $567 a year over his present company State farm. My son saved $590 over Farmers. I have dealt with them for years and they are top shelf. I even have a banking account with them and they have lots of other services and products. They have no agents so you have to call or go online. I like the online deal because it is really easy and no pressure to buy

2. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Thanks for the info, I signed up and will see what they have to say...

3. cubancigar2000

When I converted mine over I was able to see online easily what the rates would be and was blown away with the rates. Since I already had previous experience in dealing with them for years, there was no decision to make. good luck and just glad to share with fellow shooters

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Actually USAA also insures many federal employees not just the military or their dependents. They made that change many years ago

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. shooter

shooter TS Member

Is USAA a true Mutual Insurance Co?

6. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

They started as a Texas Mutual Association,similar to a reciprocal exchange.Now they are regulated just as any other carrier.

7. cubancigar2000

dont forget to check the option ( no surcharge for a one time accident) it was only .39 cents in my case

8. willing

willing Member

Depends where you are. They went very high here in NC a couple years ago, hurricane worry.

Bill

9. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

They are very high in my area as well.

10. mlcameron

mlcameron Member

try AMICA. Lower than them all and number one rated ins co in the country.

11. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I have been a USAA member since 1967 when I graduated from Officer Candidate School and became a 2nd LT. Originally, you had to be an officer to be able to join USAA.

My daughter, who I carried as a dependent when she started to drive, now has her own policy. Over time, USAA has relaxed requirements for membership to include enlisted personnel, military retirees, etc. I don't know if some of the new classes of members get the "sweet deal" active duty commissioned officers once received.

USAA is not a stock company and my understanding is that it is owned by its policy holders. If the firm has a favorable expense and underwriting/loss experience, the excess funds are retained in a special Subscribers Savings Account and/or a portion of the premium is rebated back to the policy holders.

Each year I receive a dividend (not guaranteed) based on USAA's profit/loss experience. This year's dividend was $216.

Also, since I have been a member for over 40 years, I receive a 10% distribution of my Subscriber Savings Account which averages to about $400 per year. When I die, the balance of my SSA will pass to my estate.

USAA has great customer service and rates second to none.

Ed Ward

12. cubancigar2000

Thanks Ed. I have years of experience with them paying claims as I was in that business. They are just plain great people and yes I got a nice dividend also. People used to come in to get their cars fixed and I could tell if they were USAA immediately because instead of trying to screw the company, they would question every expense in an effort to save USAA money. Thats how loyal they are and there is a good reason. They care about USAA and USAA cares about them

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

In hurricane country, they won't give you a dime off anything.

14. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

My friend just dropped them on his homeowners as they raised his premium substantially. He said he saved a ton switching to Farmers. TV said Allstate was going to raise theirs a lot this next year too. Seems as homeowners was going up an average of $116.00 but not sure. Ray

15. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I was associated with a business that handled USAA claims after my first retirement. I observed many times they would send our people out to investigate a claim and our guy would conduct a full investigation including pointing out every way they could wiggle out of a claim or mitigate it. Their response was always very thankful for our detailed investigation and then they'd pay it anyway. I've carried a Gold charge card through USAA for many years and never had an negative issue. I need to convince the son to sign up for the insurance so I can too.......breakemall.....Bob Dodd

16. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

i sell insurance for a living, a local man i just switched away from USAA was being robbed blind. I know that rates are different in every circumstance so I'm not going to argue what a great deal anyone is getting, everyone should check their rates and coverage annually to make sure they are getting the right coverage at the right price. I will tell you this, if you only buy on price, dont be surprised when your bottom dollar policy treats you like a bottom dollar customer at claims time. find an agent, develop a relationship, show some trust and gain some trust. thats the only way to do business.

Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.