1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Auto-Drive System for Spolar

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by drywall 53, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drywall 53

drywall 53 TS Member

Would appreciate information on best source and pricing for a PW Auto-Drive for Spolar Gold. Also would appreciate pros and cons of the Auto-Drive system.
    Thanks,
    Dale

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I had have more compliments on this item than any other P/W item I've ever sold, aside form the reloaders.

It is quiet, and consistent.

I, personally, use a hydraulic, but because that's what was available until the Automate and then the P/W electric drive.

The hydro does a shell in 2-3 seconds, and the electric is about as fast. Nice thing is that it is consistent every time.

Whiz

3. drywall 53

drywall 53 TS Member

Whiz, you have email
    Thanks Dale

4. wbill

wbill Member

Does the electric drive void the Spolar warranty?
    Bill

5. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I bought an Auto Drive a couple of months ago for my P/W 900. Best money I have spent on reloading! I have loaded around 2000 shells on it with no problems. Reloading so far has been on 28 and .410 gauge.

The only complaints that I have are that it does not come with a power cord and the slip clutch does not stay put (it gets progressively tighter). I have not taken the slip clutch apart yet to determine if something can be done to preserve the setting.

Jim Skeel

[​IMG]

6. high 2

high 2 Member

Jim, do they make a foot control for the electric drive? It seems that it would speed up loading by a bunch.

7. whiz white

Yes, P/W offers a foot switch. In fact, when I was at the factory when this unit was first being developed, I tried to use my right elbow to operate the toggle and then my hands to insert hulls and wads. Dick or Brian was really concerned that I would end up getting hurt.

I suggested a foot-switch, but they indicated that their liability attorney did not favor that.

I lobbied many of my customers to approach P/W and ask for the foot-switch, and low and behold, they acquiesced and offered it both as an option, and a standard model in addition to just the toggle.

The Electric-Drive w/o foot switch is $799.95, and with the foot-switch it is $849.95 (additional $50). You can order a retro-fit foot-switch kit for $85 if you were/are one of the ones who bought these prior to the foot switch availability. It is a DYI change-over.

Whiz

8. drywall 53

drywall 53 TS Member

I ordered the AutoDrive from Whiz. Thanks for the replies. Auto Drive should be here soon, and I will give a review.

Dale Knight

9. whiz white

Dale: Please do post our comments on the Auto-Drive for others to see.

I believe unsolicited testimonials are helpful, now that I have solicited yours - ha!

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.