1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Auto Aftermarket Sevice Contracts

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by birdogs, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

As some of you may know, automobile aftermarket service contracts can be a real racket. I just found out the hard way. Please don't make the same mistake I did. I purchased a "bumper-to-bumper" warranty from a company called WARRANTY AMERICA. I paid all cash up-front. The first claim I filed had them send a used air conditioner compressor to replace my failed one. Now they are denying coverage of my secong claim in 4 years, saying that air bag coverage is excluded in the fine print.

Also, they are difficult to contact and my GMC dealer will not work with them. The dealer said it is too time consumming to contact them and almost impossible to get approval. They give you the run around until you simply give up. In short, they stink!

2. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your very helpful post. JM

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I usually do not recommend any of these aftermarket warrantees. An extended warranty from the vehicle manufacturer is an option, but I would stay away from the others. There may be a few that are legit, but they don't make money paying claims and they are usually not as closely regulated as insurance companies.

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

There was an extensive thread on this subject last week. You can probably unearth it via the "search" option.

Ed

5. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

I understand Great Lakes warranty just went out of business. Allways check withh BBB or Google warranty companies before you buy. Make sure there insured. I prefer factory extended warranties.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

How many times has this subject been written about and there are still folks proving ol' P.T.'s adage.

7. DelarockX

DelarockX TS Member

Did your airbag go off?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.