1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Auto adjusting traps...NEVER set a trap again!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by autotraps, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. autotraps

autotraps TS Member

autotraps will revolutionize throwers...never set another trap!

Automotions have been building all kinds of auto pilot/guidance systems. We have recently partnered with a design team to bring the auto pilot to vw. While I can not elaborate much on the mechanics of this since it is patent pending but I can say we at Automotions are trap shooters. As a trap shooter we see the need to take out the variables out of target presentations. With our system you can rest assured each shooter is getting EXACTLY the same target.

The trap machine is making constant adjustments during a round. It is capable of changing height, speed, pitch angle of target and can center the field all in seconds after every shot. How it works? First off, with our patent computer target guidance system (CTGS) it takes all the variables into consideration with information being fed to it in milliseconds after every target thrown. Sensors measure barometric preasures, wind speed, wind direction, speed of target and previous flight paths of every rock. A shooter gets a perfect target everytime. However, for some of the groups that insist they know best the score keeper has a master control and can change height, field, speed or slow the target down from his station.

We do keep some manual overrides on the machine for those guys that would like to shoot in winds above 40 MPH. The parameters of the CTGS system will only allow for changes within reason before switching it to the next level.

This system has already been tested at some of the larger shoots in the USA and New Zealand in 2012. It is also fully endorsed by the NZCTA. I wont say which ones since as trapshooters you tend to get some whiners but what I will say is we at autotraps intend to do our best at taking the "Whiners out of trap shooting and putting the Winners in" So which group do you want to be in and order yours today!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Looks like another vast target presentation improvement Automotions has come up with!! I like the idea yet feel you'll never make winners outa whiners? They'll just gripe about something else.

You mentioned shooting in winds above 40 MPH. Does the system just change itself to allow for that or must the scorekeeper make such changes when winds exceed that velocity?

Here in the western section of the U.S., winds often exceed 40 MPH during registered tourneys. A trap automatically making instant adjustments for such wind gusts will indeed raise scores! Good job guys and can't wait to shoot some western targets using that system!

Hap

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

How much, in US dollars, that includes delivery from NZ?

4. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

Hmmm...I sense the Canterbury guys in NZ have been locked in the laboratory again...

5. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Those little sticky things are going to be fun to shoot! :)

Ajax

6. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

If you can get that thing to work and last through an Alaskan winter,I would be impressed.

Until then,not so much with 40mph gust being a normal day and mostly colder than a witch's tit.

Sorry,but your testing is not complete until you do.....and we throw a lot of targets in a winter's time.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Free lucite navels with every machine so you can see the target when your head is you know where.

HM

8. Barry C. Roach

All electric?

9. autotraps

autotraps TS Member

More info to follow.

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If it would automatically revert to a pre set setting it would sure eliminate a lot of time in between events they use for re setting the traps ... Interesting, to say the least ... Roger C. (above) would be the trap man who would be able to voice a valuable opinion being as he was in that trap machine business for something like 100 years or so ... It would be interesting to see how it would make adjustments for variable weather/wind conditions but I would imagine anything is possible with the available technology they have today ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. Smiley

Smiley Member

Having just refurbished a Canterbury trap after a lightning strike I am interested in what the 2 dials do.Perhaps hook Fish?
    Smiley

12. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Roger, Can I have the eastern half? Better looking mechanics than some out there now.

13. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Nice Idea but another added expense that a lot of small clubs couldnt afford. Besides most shooters are never happy some want high dbls flatter sgls You could throw a perfect target (by ata specs ) and you would still get complaints

14. autotraps

autotraps TS Member

Smiley those are high tech adjuster modulators for our teflon sensor bearings.:0)

15. Lead Miner

Lead Miner Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

When will the auto scoring be available for an add on? Terry

16. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Terry, the pellet proof scoreboard will be directly behind the trap and a camera inside the house will record the scores, small chips included! :) That way, the score sheet will always be in plain sight of the shooters also! Would save untold amounts of clays thrown while discussions on the line about whether or not a piece came off!!

Hap

17. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Be careful not to make the targets too easy. I don't mind the lefts and rights......it's the teal and rabbits that I do not like when shooting ATA trap. Ray

18. trufan

trufan Member

Me thinks someone is trying to pull a fast one here!!! Looks to me like those are garage door opener sensors on the "stick" in front of the trap house and the knobs on the machine might come from an old cook stove?????

[​IMG]

19. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

What's the point of all this?? It's an outdoor sport..Remember??

20. Barry C. Roach

Does it adjust automatically for windage on both singles and doubles targets? Third question......no answers yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

nz autotraps ltd nz

trap shooter making adjustment to trap machine