1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Authentic Mexican Resturant outside Sparta!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by seitz245, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seitz245

seitz245 TS Member

If you like Mexican food dont miss out on this place. Its called Mi Pueblo. Its about 10 miles outside sparta. This place is AWESOME and when you see it you will think its a dump with only 20 tables. Inside is the best Authentic Mexican food i have ever had. They do not advertise at the grand so its never busy. here is the Address

209 W.Pine
    Percy, IL 62272

Enjoy

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Good find Dave. My grandmother lives just up the road in Percy. That is a hidden little known eating spot in a small friendly town. Many people drive right past it on their way to the Pioneer Cabin and don't even know its there. There is a small legally here Mexican population that lives and works in the area. They have their own store and restauarnt. I have not tried it myself but know folks who eat there regularly. It is not the Americanized Mexican food. It is as Dave described "Authentic".

3. seitz245

seitz245 TS Member

4. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Doggai,

I too have eaten at that restaurant in Dingle. It was good food huh? And all the people serving and cooking were really Chinese. Small world...

5. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

Here's an experience I hope I never have....

fortune-cookie.jpg

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You want real Mexican food, go to Los Angeles or Texas for Tex-Mex. The rest of the country has Americanized Mexican.

7. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

flied lice.... and he thought it was maggots so he ate it? Dexter Black gets paid to shoot the bull, Dingle on the other hand, eats his berries.

8. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

You can get Tex-Mex @ Taco Bell. All you get in LA is bitching and moaning from the illegals.

Dave has it right about Mi Pueblo.

9. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

When I was in the Army, four of us went to a Mexican resturant near Fort Sill Oklahoma. We all had on our uniforms and the gal asked us where we were from. I told her two of us were from Milwaukee, and one from Chicago, and one from East St. Louis Illinois.

We all ordered hot food and she laughed, as she said this is not the midwest. We said we all like it hot. If silverware could melt from heat, it would have. None of us could eat it the food as we all thought we had blisters in our mouth.

Some local guys walked in that looked to be of Mexican decent that the waitress knew and they all order hot food. They ate it like it was candy. We ended up ordering the mild and it was still the hotest I ever ate. What ever Taco Bell is, it sure is not Mexican food. There hot sauce is a joke compared to this place.

I have no idea how these guys could eat this food.
    Steve Balistreri

10. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Hey Shot410ga,
    Mister,you are wrong......period.

Mi Pueblo is authentic,as are the servers(Maura,and Ana),and the owners.This is a small family owned resturant that has some of the BEST Mexican food I personally have ever had.The portions are very large,and the food is delicious!And best of all is its inexpensive.While eating there one evening we(my son,and I) were the last people in the place.The owners were seated at a table having their own supper,and we were finishing our supper at another.The owners offered us some of their supper,and we graciously accepted.The catfish,and rice was excellent,and to top that off they also shared their dessert(flan)with us which was also excellent.What gracious hosts they were.These folks really made you feel at home.I just can't say enough good things about this restaurant.Y'all have got to try this place............you will love it.

D.P.Reynolds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.