1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Australian Trap National Titles- ts.com members

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Aussie Dan, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Hello Shooters!

Just thought I'd start this thread to see how many Aussie ts.com members are attending? I thought we could have a meet up, I already know 682Adam and Lytnin will be there as will I.

For you friends in the states, these are the Down The Line National titles. It's the closest thing to ATA Trap we have. Due to the limits on the shooting venues capabilities, you must prenominate and the first 672 entries only are excepted.

There are 4 pre national events, and 6 national titles. Each event is only 50 targets, except the doubles which is 50 pairs, and another event shot off 18 metres called Champion of champions which is 75 targets.

Entry is $50 per 50 target event, plus the cash pools. Maximum cash pools in an event is $40.

Total cost for entry in prenationals and national titles is $705 dollars, and we shoot a total of 575 targets only over 8 days (hopefully plus shoot offs!)

Hardly the grand american!

2. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

I forgot to mention it starts March 24. The whole town has been flooded last week, so I bet there will be plenty of Mosquitos to annoy us too!

I had to re book my accommodation as the water came up to the door handles where I had booked in!

3. macaw8

macaw8 TS Member

aussie dan
    iwill be there my 18th year off attending
    im the guy with the trap special and pfs on back from west aus
    regards gary

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Wagga Wagga made the national news in the USA. Seems after the floods the spiders took over, they looked like snow on the plants....

5. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Danny,

50 targets a day does not do it for me anymore, Karen and myself are going to take a vacation instead, will see you around the Traps somewhere I guess, are you guys coming up for the Marconi 101 on the 18th March ?

Macaw8,

Gaz did you ever get your Pro-soft stock ? are you still going to the Grand ? If you do go you will think you have died and gone to heaven, most fun you can have with your pants on, Would love to be going over again this year but business will not allow it, had a terrible 2010-2011 and need to make some money this year.
    We are planing on coming over with Allan Jones to "The Shoot" at Geraldton later this year, will catch up then.

Regards, Release Trigger.......Gary Kennerson.

6. macaw8

macaw8 TS Member

gary hi
    im goint to the grand finally
    im looking forward to it my wife thinks i may not come back with all the shooting i can do over there.
    my prosoft should be here soon
    the photos you have put up off allan sure looks like he has been in a good padock
    will see you in geraldton regards
    gary

7. 682 Adam

682 Adam TS Member

Thats a bugger about your accomodation Dan, I reakon all the non flooded accom will be now booked up...

As you say Ill be there, keen for a catch up.Ive heard theres a pretty good micro brewery and restaurant in Wagga?

410..Im suprised the flood made to the news over there, and I also saw the spider webs on the field......man that creeped me out.....I HATE spiders

Adam

8. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

To mccaw8- we will make sure we can meet up all together somewhere, I'll organize something a little closer.

Shot410ga and 682 Adam- not surprised it made the news, the motel I was booked in has water up to the door handles!!! The spiders are awesome to look at, hopefully we don't see any up too close.

I managed to rebook new motels, have to move from one after a couple of days. The insurance companies are booking them out for people with flooded houses!

Release- Gary I can understand completely, it's a huge investment for so little targets. For me it's about testing myself against the best, just hoping there's a good day in there somewhere where everything comes together. I wouldn't bother going if I didn't think I could shoot well enough to win on a lucky day, just need the luck and opportunity!

9. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

So I drew squad 11 for the pre nationals, and shooter one squad 44 for the first event, the handicap.

Some buddies and nominated as a squad for the entire nationals, but we are split up for the handicap as the yardages are too different, then back together for the rest of the week.

10. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

So if anyone wants to catch up tomorrow at the nationals give me a call around midday on 0403285422.

Was lucky enough to win a share of the cash sweep event in the warm up, in doubles!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.