1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Austrailian Pink Floyd

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Saw them for the thrid time last night in Atlanta at the FOX Theater. Incredible! If you are a Pink Floyd Fan, check out the web for Austrailian Pink Floyd. Had all the visuals and even in 3 D.

blade819

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Blade,

You forgot to substitute "Faux" for "FOX" in the above post...you're slipping, my Obama-supporting union man...slipping, I tell ya'.

3. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Saw them 3 times during 1970's and early '80's.

"Oh by the way......(blade),....which one's Pink?"

Incredible band from the past along with The Moody Blues!

milt

4. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Use to always ask the girls in the bar if they would like to meet Pink Floyd the rock star! :)

5. blade819

You guys are bad!. You're right buzz gun. The FAUX. Thanks for your keen oversight.

blade819

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

"If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?"

7. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

For long you live and high you fly, but only if you ride the tide

and balanced on the biggest wave, you race toward an early grave.

Waters/Gilmour

The first of their shows I saw was done in Quadraphonic surround sound.

8. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

I just saw the Moody Blues at the end of their tour last month. Last time I saw them was 28 years ago, and they are still great. Three old originals (the drummer just turned 70- he says he did the 60s TWICE!)and they are just as good now as back when I was a kid.

9. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Shooting Sailor,

Was the Mellotron still part of their music? Don't doubt that these days there are other instruments to duplicate that sound.

milt

10. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Is this the real Floyd? What's up with the faux comment? Saw the originals in'92[?] at Cobo arena. Bill

11. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Slayer

It's a tribute band. Just saw Waters and Gilmour at the 02 center. I guess if Black Sabbath can get back together so should Pink Floyd.
    Doug

12. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I think I saw Pink Floyd in Denver in 1980. Must have been a good show - don't really remember it.

13. elinvar

elinvar Member

I saw Roger Waters in 1989, I think, at the Fox Theatre in St louis- Awsome show- place 1/2 empty. got within 20 feet of the stage. He played the entire Radio Kaos album plus a ton of Pink Floyd. Still one of the best concerts I ever attended.

TJ

14. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Wow, there are more trapshooters on here than I would have thought who appreciate great British bands like Pink Floyd and the Moody Blues. 2 of my all-time favorites. I have been lucky enough to see both bands twice, and the Moody Blues shows with the Houston Symphony Orchestra and the Austin Symphony Orchestra were amazing performances. Saw Pink Floyd in 1989 in the old Houston Astrodome and then again the SA Alamodome. Can't get enough of either of those 2 bands. Thanks for the memories. Mike* (MH*)

15. moowho

moowho Member

one of my shooting play lists on my Ipod is all Pink Floyd.Good music to shoot to

16. blade819

Ok. EVERTYONE. Title of post is "Austrailian Pink Floyd". They are more than a tribute band. They travel with the same Pink Floyd show, blow up pig and all. They are so good that david Gilmore hired them for his 50th BD. Get Floyd back togetehr? Doubt it since Richard WQright died two years ago. He was the only one without an ego. Waters hates Gilmore and vice versa. I suggest everyone go to Aussie Pink Floyd's web site and check them out.

blade819

17. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Got to see them (original PF) in Charlotte NC in Park Center right after Dark Side Of The Moon came out....

FRedmon

18. Tron

The lyrical content of the average British band is far far superior to their American counterparts. This had a lot to do with lack of job oportunities for the post war offspring that followed. You simply can't touch lyrics and composures from bands like Pink Floyd, The Who, The Kinks, The Beatles, The Moody Blues....etc, etc.

I've always been a huge Brit band fan.

19. blade819

Tron:

I agree with you. British Bands often write "Cerebral" lyrics. 75 percent of the lyrics are rather gloomy due to the post war climate that you described. American bands typically write lyrics that are more happy with PARTY! as their themes. Based on my limited musical and song writing experience, it is far easier to write happy no subject songs than write about life's experiences. Still, Pink Floyd IMO is probably the most "cerebral" band that ever was. Clash was similiar but more modern day. Queen was more musically arrangement oriented. The Beatles are number one in musical arrangement and lyrics as far as I'm concerned espeially their middle career songs.

blade819

20. Tron

As far as clever lyrics go, in my opinion the Kinks are by far the very best....but not a band for everyone. Their music has a creeper effect and takes a while to grow on you. I think Floyd's best work is from the Animals album with its incredible use of metaphors (animals to people)....it's really very sharply written and pointed. With the Clash (the only band that matters) there isn't a lot of matterial, but London Calling is great from start to finish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.