1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Aussie looking for Hawaiian Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by emufriedchicken, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emufriedchicken

emufriedchicken TS Member

I will be in Hawaii in early September and am looking to shoot a bit of Trap/skeet or anything else while I am there if I get the chance. Prefer a club that has a loaner gun that I can use. My 1st time out of Australia and would love to shoot somewhere new and with new friends.

Cheers
    Tim

2. fvtrkyhntr

fvtrkyhntr Member

i will second Maui. When I was there, they had a BT99 and a Skb o/u to rent. Jack is a great guy. Interesting place to shoot if the trade winds are blowing. Also if you are driving a convertible watch out for the chickens!!! Ken

3. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Wow, Aussies vacationing in Hawaii...who wants to be you??? Me, for sure. Love a nice beach and everything on it.

4. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

There is another club somewhere in HI. What club is that and where?

5. 682LINY

682LINY Member

I second Maui trap,,,I am wearing one of Art,s hats as I type this 6,000 miles away,,,shot there and at the state shoot in 2010,, call ahead of time and confirm he will be there, beware of the chickins

6. 682LINY

682LINY Member

state shoot 2010

7. Auctioneer

I Google Earthed the address and then looked up the address by the phone number. Its in the town of Makawao, HI. On Google Earth it wasn't that clear but I used the time line and saw it had two trap fields once it cleared.

8. Auctioneer

OK, I will bite, what chickens?

9. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Maui Trap is in Haliimaile,,Art Shepard on the right is propriter,,, 808-250-3802 cell,, 808-572-0689 club,,, cell reception is spotty up there,,, was a real nice upscale resturant about 5 miles past club
    [​IMG]

10. 682LINY

682LINY Member

chicken coup next to field,,they roam field between rounds

11. Auctioneer

LUNCH! LOL

12. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Emufriedchicken, where in Hawaii are you staying?

Pictures are at the Ukumehame Firing Range Maui Clay Target Assn. trap range also on Maui. This is a county facility run by volunteers. No rental guns, but some one may lend you one.

There is also Maui Sporting Clays, 5 Stand and walk around. They have rental guns.

If you are on Maui, there is a ferry, Expeditions that runs from the Lahaina Harbor to Manele Bay on the island of Lanai 5 times a day. First boat leaves Lahaina 6:45 AM with the last boat leaving Manele 6:45 PM. Lanai Pine Sporting Clays has Skeet, unofficial Wobble Trap, Compact/5 Stand and a 14 station walk around sporting course.

13. BIGBIRD49

BIGBIRD49 Member

I shot at Lanai Pines Sporting Clays in 2000. Nice club, but I don't knoow if it's still opperating.

dick

14. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Lani is pricey and pretty soft sporting course. I spent a whole day at West Side a few years ago shooting with my wife and the manager. We had the place to our selves.
    There is a trap club just south of Lahaina and a sporting course course near makena. They pick you up at a hotel and take you to the course in a 4x4. Beautiful course with a great view.

15. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

There are at least five trap clubs in Hawaii. See link above.

Anyone who is going to be there on July 21 - 22, can shoot the Western Zone Shoot at Schofield.

16. fvtrkyhntr

fvtrkyhntr Member

Excuse me I said Jack instead of Art. My apologies. Ken

17. emufriedchicken

emufriedchicken TS Member

Thanks for all the info guys.. Its much appreciatted! We will be based in Oahu for 8 days and trip around the islands on day trips. Will be there for 8 days so things may get a little rushed so will see how it goes.. So many places to see there and will probably get told of a lot more while we are there.

Thanks everyone
    Tim

18. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member

click the link above.

19. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I seem to recall, some time long ago, that there was a county range on the road from Lahaina ... Ukumehame... the folks were registering targets...

Jay

20. Auctioneer

The reason I'm asking is the people who run the state shoot say they shift from one club to another because of the fact both are on diff islands. To be fair to one group they have the state shoot at one club then the other the next year so one group doesn't have to fly or boat their way to the event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.