1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Aurora Missouri Gun Club

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by John Stefanowicz, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Stefanowicz

John Stefanowicz TS Member

Would like to become a member of your club. Live 12 miles away. Would like a contact to advise me. phone is 417-744-4172. Leaave message and I certainly will get back to you. Want to shoot trap. Thanks, John.

2. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Great Place and Great People!!

3. John Stefanowicz

hilltopper - thanks a lot. I'll be waiting for john to contact me, appreciate your response. john

4. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

John,sorry that I have not got back to you sooner. I have been working a lot and don't get to log onto here too much anymore. Anyway, there are no membership fees, the club is open to the public. In decent weather, we are open on Saturdays from 10 till whenever and on Sundays from noon till when we are done. When the weather is bad we don't usually open because of the decline in shooters for the past year or so. I can give you my phone number for Sunday shooting and Deans for Saturday or Sunday.

We used to have registered shoots on the second Saturday of every month but this year I would say that we will probably only hold a few marathon registered events. Have not made out the schedule as of yet.

Feel free to email me at the above address and I will get back to you.

Thanks folks and have a very Merry Christmas!

John

5. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Sorry, I forgot to put my address sup there lol.

6. trap-pr

trap-pr Member

John,

We shoot at Bois D' Arc, MO at the Andy DaltonGun Range when Aurora Gun Club is closed.

http://mdc.mo.gov/areas/ranges/a_dalton/

417-742-4361

They have 3 trap fields, 3 skeet fields, and a pistol and rifle range. They also have a very nice area with 3 patterning boards. Very nice people and affordable. $3 per round. They do not have voice release, but at that price, who cares?

Pam and Ron

7. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

what part of the state is aurora in. the wife would like to move to southern mo. or northern ark. in a few years. jackmitch

8. trap-pr

trap-pr Member

Aurora is in the southwest portion of MO, approximately 25 miles west of Springfield, MO.

Pam

9. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

thanks pam thats kind of the area were thinking about. it may never happen but that is our dream. we have been to the area many years ago and thought it was beautiful. getting tired of iowa winters. your temps have been running about 20 to 30 degrees warmer than us.jackmitch

10. trap-pr

trap-pr Member

jackmitch,

Springfield, MO is a good place to live. There is a private gun club just north of town, I have been on the waiting list for membership for just over a year. Hopefully, I will get in this Spring. There is Ozark Shooters which is located just off of Highway 65. It is about 30 miles south of Springfield and just north of Branson, MO. Linn Creek, MO - home of the Missouri Trapshooters Association- is about 87 miles northeast of Springfield. Sheldon Trap Club is about 100 miles to the northwest of Springfield, MO via Interstate 44 and Highway 71 North. Bella Vista Gun Club is located in AR about 100 miles from Springfield.

We usually have relatively mild winters. Last February, we had a heck of an ice storm that was quite unusual for the area.

Have a Merry Christmas

Pam

11. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

been to lynn creek fall handicap a few times , it's one of my favorite plces to shoot. if it was up to me i would live in that area but your area is the wifes choice and it's ok with me too. merry christmas from the frozen north.jackmitch

12. John Stefanowicz

jackmitch - the above threads are all accurate, and I too left Iowa In 1969 to live here and have not at allregretted it, except for what you have as snow, and we have as ice, which means stay home, and let it melt, usuaooy within 2-3days, and enjoy. There are other nuances about SW Mo, and if you like, please ask and I'll do my best to introduce you to the Ozark culture. Keep warm, say hi to my friends in Story and Polk counties, and Merry Christmas. John

13. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

will try my best to stay warm. don't know to many trap shooters from polk or story county. oldest son went iowa state and lives in des moines so i get up there some.thanks for all the info. if i get down that way i will definitely look you up for shooting info and other stuff.jackmitch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gun club aurora mo