1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Aurora - Implications for shotgun owners....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Some news reports are saying that an 870 can fire up to 75 rounds a minute, while others are upping the ante to thousands of projectiles a minute (something I predicted would eventually happen long ago). And a big deal is being made of the 6000 rounds of ammunition, that no one needs that much ammo, ignoring target shooters. How many flats of shells do YOU have?

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I heard that BS about the 6000 rounds too, I always have 20,000 or more of the various calibers in the cave

When on sale, stock up

3. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Ditto to Catpower

Chuck

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Here comes another ammo shortage!

5. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Brian: Come clean. You are trying to get every shooter to join the "black gun" fraternity in the upcoming anti-gun war. You anticipate they will try to "divide and conquer" gun owners by initially only focusing on "black guns" and "high capacity magazines" as a means of getting a foot-in-the-door for future total gun bans.....

Well.....you are right....you better enlist all gun owners because they are definitely coming after all guns....are your NRA dues paid up?

What these cretins don't realize is that a determined, diabolical, brilliant scientist with access to chemical, biological and radioactive materials could come up with a more lethal weapon of mass murder than a SW MP 15.....in a way, we were lucky this time around.......

6. Brian in Oregon

Given his scientific background and the fact that he booby trapped his apartment, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that he could have resorted to explosives if he did not have access to firearms.

And yes, all guns are in the same boat.

Look how some states banned Olympic grade target pistols because the magazine is in front of the trigger guard. That got defined as an AW feature.

This problem actually predates the 'black rifle' issue. Look how the 1968 Gun Control Act got the Walther PPK blacklisted as a "cheap Saturday Night Special".

The attempted renewal of the 1995 AWB was slated to go after pump shotguns.

And don't forget how the attempted ban in Illinois was worded in such a way that single trigger double barrels would have been banned, and nothing over .410 gauge allowed.

Harlan Carter once summed it up nicely. When it came to fighting the anti's, he said, "I'd rather be fighting them in the suburbs than on the corner of First and Main."

7. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I'll buy six thousand rounds from the shell house in two weeks at the Grand.

blade819

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I have tried to tell a couple of turds on here just this very thing. They have the "if I don't need one nobody does" attitude towards various "black guns" and "high capacity" mags. The truth is, these anti-gun idiots see no difference between an AR and a 870. They both hold multiple rounds. I won't name names but you better take notice. Your guns may now be on the "black list" too.

The most idiotic logic a gun owner can use is that " I don't need one so I don't care" logic.

9. Brian in Oregon

Worse for shotgun owners, there was a piece in the NYT the other day that said that at close range a shotgun was more devastating than an AR15. Which isn't far off the mark with buckshot, but you know what's next in their sights.

10. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

grntitan has it right, the anti's cannot tell an AR from an 870. The also cannot tell a top grade custom order Perrazi from an "AK-47". They will gladly vote to have both firearms taken from you and destroyed. They also cannot understand competitors use 1000's of rounds. A local paper editor, wrote that having a 1000 rounds of ammo "is like having 1000 spare tires" I tried to rebut her editorial by illustrating that Michael Jordan makes 1000's of shots at the basket in training every season, so I need 1000's of shotshells per season. She mocked me saying Michael Jordan only needs one ball to be the greatest, like she couldn't comprehend that a shot shell round only goes bang once. And that dim bulb is influencing 1000's of mindless sheeple, that will probably vote for an arrogant Kenyan.

11. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

If we don't all stick together as gun owners, they will take my AR 15 and then your Remington 1100 trap gun under the same pretense of multi-firing assault guns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.