1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Aurora IL throwing better targets

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joe kuhn, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Aurora SC has switched to bios after throwing some really hard targets from some other venue. These you can smoke. The old ones never really smoked, you just got pieces, so it's more fun now. And I believe the color is brighter too.

They've slowed them down abit so they land pretty close to the stake instead half way up the trees at the far edge of the field.

Much improved!

They're open Tues, Thurs, Sat...

Joe

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Joe, Hows the steel shot shells working out for you guys? Any problems? Dave

3. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Is steel shot mandatory?

4. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Steel shot is mandatory at Naperville. Aurora allows lead. And sorry, I meant Friday not Thursday. You are right about Thursday in Aurora. You must be a member.

Reloading steel has been working great especially since the price of it has stayed the same at $1 a pound. Wads are 2 cents from Vagner in Denmark. The rest of the components are the same as for lead in terms of cost.

I shoot 20 grains of Universal Clays and they will smoke targets just fine. Nice pattern with my fixed full choke with 30 th. restriction. Speed is a little over 1200 fps, pressure is fine and recoil is no problem. The barrel is pretty clean so the burn is near optimal.

The 1300 fps factories at Naperville are a bit much for more than a round or two. I did shoot them the other night and they will really wake you up. Might shoot them for the June yardage event.

Regards,

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.