1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Auctions and definitions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dave P, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I noticed fairly recently that prices are stated as "USD". Does that mean U. S. Denomination or something else? I first noticed it on a foreign wood site.

2. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I would think that it would mean U.S. dollar but I could be wrong. It could also be delivery. John

3. nipper

nipper TS Member

generally they like us dollars if foriegn then they make even more money once converted.

bill

4. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Probably going to start asking for CD (Canadian dollars).

5. nipper

nipper TS Member

I might move to canada for free health care and dental work even though i have health insurance

bill

6. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Any smart ones are now asking for gold/silver. The USD is diminishing in purchasing power so quickly that fewer and fewer countries, businesses and, recently, individuals are accepting it as a medium of payment/exchange.

Interesting that in the New Hampshire debates last night only Ron Paul identified clearly that the "rising prices" for most all commodities was not a function of the commodity's value increasing, but the reality that the instrument with which we buy those commodities (USD) has been diminished so greatly. Unfortunately, most of the other candidates looked at him like he was from outer space. Either they truly don't know, which is a great reason not to vote for them, or they really do know and are content to continue the facade, which is another great reason not to vote for them.

Oops! I got political. Let's see what this generates!

Regards to all. Mike Mann

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

It is true that the falling international value of our dollar slows down imports and stimulates exports. Some think this is bad, but there could be a positive side also.

Understand the US stock market is difficult. Understanding how foreign exchange rates are established is impossible.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.