1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AuctionArms vs. Gunbroker.com?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by BRUSHMAN, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BRUSHMAN

BRUSHMAN TS Member

0   0   0

Does anyone have experience either buying or selling on AuctionArms vs. Gunbroker.com? I have a few items I'd like to sell, but don't know what is a fair price to ask. I figured I'd let the marketplace tell me. Thanks.

2. new loader

new loader Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I prefer GunBroker, but have used both.

3. 50calshooter

50calshooter TS Member

0   0   0

gunbroker hands down

4. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

0   0   0

Gun broker Has more dealers and they run the prices up They also have the 15min rule so you will pay top dollar. AA has fewer dealers . If you buy ---AA, if you sell GB. Parts, brass, feebay band stuff Is hard to sell on either and get a good price.

5. shark1

shark1 Member

0   0   0

The best spot to sell your personal stuff is right on trapshooters.com. Just give a 3 day inspection and stand by your product if the person does not like it. Rate it conservative. If you list on this website its going to sell fast so get ready.
    Mike Sharkey, DC

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I have used both and prefer gunbroker. Bulge

7. spritc

spritc Active Member

0   0   0

I've had best luck selling 30+ guns on Gunbroker. Non-gun stuff on ebay. However, depending upon what you have, you might want to try listing them here and avoid auction fees.

Good Luck,
    Steve

8. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

I'll go against the grain and say that I have had exceptional success on Auction Arms. This is for all types, handguns, rifles and shotguns. I'm talking hundreds of guns! The trick on either site is to try not to use a reserve, low bid increments, good pictures, very conservative descriptions, and a low--reasonable--for you starting price. Guys that put retail prices as opening bids rarely sell anything. You want to get some bids on the board and let the competition begin. And with low increments, guys are likely to go that ONE more bid. I rarely have an increment over $5.00 Many are $1 or $2 dollars. I use gunbroker too, but seem to gravitate back to AA. Many times I come to Trapshooters for good shotguns because this is a great marketplace for clean stuff that is priced right and no fees for the seller. Plus--Trapshooters are a great bunch of folks--honest and easy to deal with. Just my perspective. Hope it's helpful.

9. BRUSHMAN

BRUSHMAN TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks to all of you who responded. I think I'll take the advice to post it here, and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.