1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Auction to support youth sportsmen

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by roger8918, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Ok guys I have something really big here…..my oldest two, Luke 16 and Stephanie 15 studied their butt off this spring and placed in the top 4 in the state at Pennsylvania’s 4-H Wildlife Field Day. This achievement earns them the right to represent Pennsylvania in the National 4-H Wildlife Habitat Evaluation Program held in Zwolle, Louisiana on July 19 – 23.

In order for them to make the trip they must each raise approximately $1000. They have spent the last two weeks writing letters and traveling to local sportsmen’s clubs trying to find financial support. As you can imagine, times are not the best for raising funds but they have managed to find some support.

The Pennsylvania Game Commission was not able to donate money to help their cause but they did donate a wonderful framed print (retail value $222.50) in hopes that the kids could find a way to turn it into cash to use for their trip. This limited edition, signed and numbered, framed print titled “Foxtail Pheasants," is a fine art print by artist Susan Bankey Yoder. The print features a pair of pheasants resting in a snow-covered opening surrounded by winter grass cover. It’s measures 32.5”x 24.5” and is beautifully matted and framed.

I may be a little bias but these are really good kids, as many on this site can attest, and these young people deserve a chance to represent Pennsylvania in this national wildlife competition.

Thanks and please consider supporting these fine young sportsmen! I'm having problems with PM's so if you would like more information or would like to just make a donation try my email..coach@masondixonclaybusters.com

I have included photos of the print along with links to the competition and artist.

Artist Susan Bankey Yoder: www.susanbankeyyoderartist.com

WHEP (Wildlife Habitat Evaluation Program): www.whep.org

We have decided to skip eBay and hold the auction on HuntingPA. The auction will start now and end on June 30th. We can deliver the print if winner is within 60 miles of York PA. Winner must pay for shipping if not with in 60 miles.

Summary of Bids so far

woodyhunter $50<br>
    C_Carr316 $75<br>
    BAMBAMBAM $150<br>
    Grommie $175<br>

http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1213128#Post1213128

[​IMG]

Photos of the kids in action in both hunting and competitions! The center photo is the group who will be traveling to the Nationals

[​IMG]

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Just thinking here, but to get a decent auction price, you have to find the few folks who either really like the print, support the project and/or probably would donate anyway...

Any thought about using a raffle approach and get your kids to sell a couple hundred tickets at $10ea. to "everyman" at the Sportsman's Clubs, grocery stores, etc... $10 for many is not a "business decision" when it comes to kids...

regards to all,

Jay

3. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Changes have been made to the auction format....see original post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.