1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@AUCTION MYRTLEWOOD FOR TS COMPLETE @@

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Mar 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Time to auction another Myrtlewood blank and donate the proceeds of the bidding directly to David and Trapshooters.com. I've photographed both sides of this blank from three different angles to give you an idea of how the light plays differently through the "shimmer" inherent in all Myrtlewood. Measurements are massive at 20 1/2" long, 8" tall at the butt, 3 3/4" tall at the receiver and a full 2 1/2" thick. This charmer measures 12% moisture and is ready to work. As always, I advise a period of acclimation to your local environment before working. It will ship and I'll pick up the shipping so it won't be out of your pocket and it won't be out of TS.com's pocket. As usual, a closely matching forend blank will be included. Pictures follow:

IMG_0197.jpg?

IMG_0196.jpg?

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg?

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

Amazing how the light reflects differently with slight angle changes. Rules for the auction on #508: Minimum starting bid for the set is $100.00. Minimum incremental bid is $10.00 but, of course, may be higher. Bidding starts immediately upon posting this thread and ends at midnight Eastern time on Monday, March 14, 2011. This thread will be the official bid site. I should be back from my colonoscopy by then and again able to operate heavy equipment like the computer. If I'm still in space somewhere, my miller Steven will sit in for me (literally).

All proceeds from this auction will go to the support of Trapshooters.com and I will ask you to send your winning bid directly to David. Even if you have no immediate project, this will be a great one to put on the shelf for a future project. Good luck and let the bidding begin.

Mike Mann WHITE CREEK GUNSTOCK BLANKS LLC Your Myrtlewood Source.

2. RED Z06

RED Z06 Member

0   0   0

I'll start it off at $200.00

Pat

3. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

4. bdshooter

bdshooter Member

0   0   0

5. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

0   0   0

is there enough wood for a forearm in that blank??

6. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

0   0   0

I'm in with $300.

7. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I've updated the thread to specify that a closely matching forend blank will be included. I had omitted that originally. Thanks for all the bids so far. It's going to be an interesting weekend!!

Mike Mann

8. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Just added pictures of the right side of this ecxellent blank. Just under 48 hours to go. I know that tax returns are coming and this would be the most intelligent "stock" to buy with that money. I can't say that "they aren't making any more" of these, but they are making them darn slowly. For a Myrtle (Bay Laurel) to yield blanks of this size on either side of the core, they typically are 400 to 600 years old.

Remember, all proceeds go directly to the support of Trapshooters.com. Bid on!!

Mike Mann

9. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

10. Boz

Boz TS Member

0   0   0

$375

11. sixten38

sixten38 Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

12. Boz

Boz TS Member

0   0   0

$400

13. sixten38

sixten38 Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

14. Boz

Boz TS Member

0   0   0

$420

15. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Auction completed at midnight Eastern Time with a bid of $415.00 from Sixten38 which was overbid by Boz but only overbid by $5.00 rendering it a non-bid. I hate it when this happens, but the rules were published and included a $10.00 minimum incremental bid.

Congratulations to Sixten38!! I'll have David contact you and give you the address for payment. As soon as he confirms payment is received, the stock and forend blanks will be on the way. Please let me know the shipping particulars at the email address above.

Thanks to all who placed bids for support of our great site.

Regards,

Mike Mann

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.