1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Auction Hunters

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by grntitan, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Ok so i taped one of my favotite shows "Auction Hunters" and watched it last night. You know big Ton and Allen? At one point they have a Winchester 1897 pump shotgun along with some Benelli shotguns they take to a guy at a Gun Club. He is shooting Trap(they call it skeet which bugs the sh!t out of me) and they are to sell them to him. Ton does end up shooting the old Winchester and it is skeet he shoots. Heck he busts several with the old shotgun although you never know how many misses they edited out. LOL

Anybody shoot at that club? I deleted the dang show and can't remember the name of the club but i believe its in CA and i think it started with "Oak". Anyway just curious as i know we have members here from all over the country and beyond.

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Here ya go.

3. grntitan

Yep that looks like the one. Thanks. Looks to be a nice facility to me. No?

4. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Have shot there a few times. Nice people there. And a few real good handicap shooters who don't register but will play money games for fun.. would shoot there more but i live 3000 miles away. MOM LIVES 5 MILES away

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

It's 2000 miles from me, but I had an old shootin' buddy who was a Hollywood stuntman and he used talk about the place once in a while. The event he liked to compete in was 2-100 target handicap. He had the best stories, some were even about trapshooting. I sure miss him. Too many Pall Malls.

6. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I shoot there every week. It's a fair club. I'm a member so clays are $6.50 a round, non-members it's $8.00. The pistol range is $10 for members, $18 for nonmembers. There's 8 lighted trp fields and 3 lighted keet fields. Kim Rhode trains there. The club hous is rustic and nice...the fireplace has the worst draft of any I've ever seen. The beer is cold, the burgers hot, great fries and a super patty melt. Lisa, the ex-bar maid was smoken hot!
    R J Talley

7. grntitan

Thanks for the input RJ. Any club still throwing targets and shooting guns is a good club i suppose. With so many closing we have to keep the ones we have. Thanks was simply curious as it looked nice on TV.--Matt

8. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I've always had a soft spot for clubs with smoking hot bar maids. Although at those prices they would need something special to keep me coming back. Bill

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Im with you Bill, I live about 45 Miles away and seldom shoot there. It is a nice club and they treat you right. Traffic coming and going is tough too many people here. If you want to shoot cheaper you have to drive further, Its a push with the cost of gas. Dave

10. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

It's only 10 miles to the club I shoot at and $3.00 a round for members. Bill

11. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Lucky man..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.