1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Auction for the A.T.A. Hall of Fame{ FOGGY}

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by foghorn220, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok I got some items to offer up for auction right here on T.S.com.

100 % of the Proceeds will go to the { A.T.A. Hall of Fame Museum}.

All right im sure a lot hadn't seen these in real life only the wealthy people would even consider to buy them because im sure they would just happen to be in the gun shop at the time looking at the 100,000 and up dollar gun's at the Holland & Holland shop in London.

Well anyway I have a anonymous friend that sent me some photo's of 2 set's of Holland & Holland 2 1/2" shotgun cartridge's and the Rangoon Oil made for the Holland & Holland guns.

There will be 2 auction's since there will be 1 box of shell's & 1 can of rangoon oil to the highest bidder.

I will decide later on tonight if I will make another thread for the 2nd auction in a few days or just take the 2 highest bidders on this auction and have the 2 sets sent to them ok the donor said he would ship the items to the highest bidder in the United States.

But for now I will post the picture of what is up for auction and will update this post later tonight after I get back home also will let you know what the time frame for the auction will be.

But go ahead and start bidding to get it started off.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Ok a close up of the shotgun shell box

Ok one of the Rangoon oil made for the Holland & Holland guns.

Ok as I said I will update this thread later tonight.

OK { UPDATE }

All right I decided to do just the 1 thread and run it for 1 week and take the 2 highest bidder's and have my friend to send the 2 highest bidder's in the United States the items.

On Saturday August the 4th will be the closing of the Auction, since that is when the one I spent so many years with passed on ok the end of the bidding will be at 9 P.M. Central time Saturday night and I will take the 2 highest bidders of the week and have my friend to send the 1 box of shell's and the Rangoon Oil to each of the highest bidders.

By the way he said if this auction is a success then he want's the thank's to go to the folks from T.S.Com so I know we made a difference in the purchase of the 1911 grand american medal so lets see what we can do this time

Thanks

Foggy!!!

2. pieters

pieters TS Member

i will bid 35.00

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

*BURP* Man that was some gooood chicken!

HM

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok prince_of_darkness:

I think you are out bidded my friend.

Thank you richbulleye for the nice starting off bid by the way I was told that these the shell's and Rangoon oil that Holland & Holland sells now has a different and new updated LOGO on them so this is not the current production stuff.

halfmile:

thanks for the Burp!
    But all it got was the prince of darkness so you should had just saved it up and gassed a few of your friends instead.

Ok I decided to just use this 1 thread and run the auction for a little over a week and on Saturday August the 4th will be the closing of the Auction, since that is when the one I spent so many years with passed on ok the end of the bidding will be at 9 P.M. Central time Saturday night and I will take the 2 highest bidders of the week and have my friend to send the 1 box of shell's and the Rangoon Oil to both of the highest bidders.

By the way he said if this auction is a success then he want's the thank's to go to the folks from T.S.Com so I know we made a difference in the purchase of the 1911 grand american medal so lets see what we can do this time.

Remember even if the stuff you are bidding on isn't worth the amount then just think was the 1911 medal really worth that much to re sell I don't think so.

Ok I think I will just copy and paste some of the stuff I decided on and put it in my original post as I said I was going to do after I got back tonight.

Ok sorry for the long winded post but im all shook up because I went to see ELVIS tonight.

P.S. Don Q I saw you post on the thread so I didn't reply to look to the left of the sink well maybe I just did.

Foggy

5. Stan4

Stan4 TS Member

I think 2.66mm is closer to a size 7 pellet. I'll bid $40 for a box of shells and a can of oil. Does this include shipping to my house?

Stan

6. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Stan :

Thanks for the bid and yes it does include shipping to your house if you live in the U.S. if you don't then im sure the one donating the items will want to charge the difference for the over seas travel.

So it looks like you are high at 40.00 bucks right now.

Keep them coming in.

Foggy

7. mt

mt Member

Ok, i'm in for 41

8. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

Hey Foggy Im bidding 50.00 for the shells and oil
    I hope you like the jokes I sent you ......chuck

9. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

mdl1261:

Yeah they are ok sorry hadn't been emailing much lately.

fletcher

Thanks to you and Chuck for the 50.00 bids as I said the 2 sets will go to the 2 highest bidders so this makes it better since both high bids are the same amount.

Foggy

10. Stan4

Stan4 TS Member

Foggy

As I understand, the two highest bids get a box of shells and a can of Rangoon oil? Delivered?

In that case, I bid $51

Stan

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Foggy, good idea my friend! I might be able to find a lil room on my Winchester shelf, or put up another.

I bid $60.00 buckos for such a good cause.

Hap

12. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Stan :

Yes you are right about each of the 2 highest bidders getting the set delievered to them.

Thanks Hap and jerry b it looks like yall are in the top 2 spots

Foggy

13. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Up Up and Away

14. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

It's for a good cause! I'll go $125.00
    Rooferbob!

15. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Thanks rooferbob:

Also fletcher & FlaLagarto are running tied for the 2nd set.

kepp them coming in.

Foghorn

16. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok time is running out the auction will be over this saturday at 9 pm central time rooferbob is high man with the 125.00 bid and we have 2 tied at 2nd at the end of the auction and if we still have a tie then I will extend the tie bid for another 30 minutes and if still tied then the first one that bid will win it.

I will email the ones that are tied before hand as long as there is an email address to email listed.

Thanks.

Foghorn

17. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

This is what we will do, i bid $130.00 and you sent the money the holland and holland shells with ragoon oil to the hof. I know they don't have these there.

18. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

smsnyder

Ok sound's like a good Ideal if you win one of the 2 sets then that is where it will go I don't know how many Holland & Holland's was ever shot for trap but im sure some was even if not then it would be something different since they are a very high dollar gun.

Ok so smsnyder is in the lead and roofer bob is in 2nd place but of course both will get the same set of goodies.

I also have heard there could be another item in the works that has the Holland & Holland name on it.

But will have to confirm it with my Mystery man and very generous guy to boot.

Thank you all for the bid's and to the Mystery guy for donating the items to raise money for the A.T.A. hall of fame.

Keep them coming.

Foghorn

19. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

This what we need to do. Double dollars to the Hof. Donate the money to the hof in your name. Donate the Holland and Holland shells and ragoon oil to the HOF in mine. Give Kenny ray the option of either using the items in the hof muesum or offer the items in the silent auction at this years Grand American. I will be there to see items.

20. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.