1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Auburn Trap Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BigEdAAA, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigEdAAA

BigEdAAA TS Member

What do you guys think of Auburn Trap Club. I showed up to the club yesterday and had a very rude experience.

2. Husky44

Husky44 Member

Auburn, California?

3. BobHoukOregon

BobHoukOregon Member

If it is California. I have had but nothing great experiences their. Their is some of the nicest people you could ever meet at that club.

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I've been wanting to go shoot there. Visited there last month, and was greeted very warmly. Perhaps they were overwhelmed or short handed? Please consider: "First time, shame on them. Second time, shame on me"...like, ah, give 'em another chance, you might have met the or a club grunt that they normally try to keep away from the public?

"T" was very cordial towards me and my wife when we visited for a short time last month; but we were just passing by and didn't have time to shoot.

5. DOGLEG DON

DOGLEG DON Member

Big Ed - Can you say what state that happend in ?

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

The Auburn Gun Club in Calif. is a very shooter friendly club, based on my several times there shooting PITA targets, and shooting fun shoots. This is my fathers home club, and he's one of the most friendly, TALKATIVE, professional bu** sh**ing gun traders you'll ever meet. Maybe you can share with us if it was just one individual that was un-pleasant, or was it many of the members? We have all had good, and bad, experiences at different clubs, but, that's human nature. Sometimes some of us just have a bad day and share that bad day with others without thinking. It's one of the "Good" clubs.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

7. cofox

cofox TS Member

Ed,
    My name is Bernie Fox and I'm the president of the Auburn Trapshooting Club. This is one of the first complaints I have seen about our Club. We strive to talk to every shooter and make sure they have a great time. I was at the Club all day yesterday. If you had any problems I was not notified. Please let me know what happened. We want to correct any problems as soon as possible. We know the shooter is the BOSS and we respect the BOSS.

8. Nutso

Nutso Member

I'm new to the area from the Midwest and joined Auburn last fall, I have found ATC to be very friendly and welcoming. Its a very nice club with a handful of dedicated volunteers running the place.

send me a PM and we can arrange at time to shoot there together.

Tim

9. mike campbell

mike campbell Member

I shoot sporting clays in Auburn, NY. Didn't know they had a trap club.

10. BigEdAAA

BigEdAAA TS Member

Im an older fella i have been shooting trap for along time. i was in ATA AAA/27/AA won lots of shoots been a lot of places. First off Smoking disgusting and unprofessional second hand smoke makes me sick and of course they all smoke. Second wireless mics POS they are so inconsistent.

11. BuddyTrapChamp

BuddyTrapChamp Member

Sorry to hear this ED

12. trappermike

trappermike Member

Ed, not a member, never been there. If you don't like smoke, don't go. If you don't like the releases, don't go. You soound way to grumpy to be around. Didn't sound rude to me at all, maybe it is YOU!!!

13. SBray

SBray Member

BigEdAAA,

You have been on ts.com for a month, and these are the only two posts you have made. You don't use your real name and you bad mouth a small club that is doing its best to provide a friendly place to shoot.

Get a life,

Steve

14. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

BigEdAAA,

The real pro competition is at Lake Lopez out of Arroyo Grande, California. Takes some expensive equipment to win there unlike here.

15. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

not every gun fits everyone, not every club fits everyone, find one you are happy with. sorry about your experience, but maybe your expectations were too high?

16. shotgunjerry

shotgunjerry Member

Hey Ed, sounds like you have the problem and not the Auburn Gun Club. I,ve shot there when visiting in Sacramento and found it a very enjoyable experience, and the people very freindly and cordial.

17. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Hmmm, possibly this is a rant concerning the old "PPP" syndrome rather than bad mouthing a good little club in the hills of Auburn? Venture into them thar hills to show them hillbilly pilgrims how to properly dispose of clays and find he can't breathe for the pilgrims smoke balls and drifting smoke clouds? Did those pilgrims embarrass you that much? ANY,, excuse will suffice when your having a "piss poor performance" day, even the mics wouldn't release the clay to where the shot went!!

Ed, you may have been the AAA27AA guy you say but I have my doubts! In sportsmanship, you flunk big time with a big fat F!! You won't be missed at most sportsman's clubs at all! Your San Fran attitude sux, maybe you should light up a camel too.

Hap

18. BigEdAAA

BigEdAAA TS Member

I helped build this club long ago I put a lot of work into this club back in the 80's I left the club to work more and travel to big shoots. after some of the PM you people have sent me It breaks my heart to say the club I loved has ran me off by your rude Email and comments. Me and my Family will no longer shoot here again.

19. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

BigEdAAA........ Why don't you sign your real name to your post? Seems the least you could do after bashing this club like you are. I don't know you, but, I do know the folks at the Auburn Gun Club, and I KNOW they bend over backwards to help others and are a very friendly group. If you had ONE bad day at the club and feel as you do, do us all a favor and don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out...... Seems to me it would make more sense for you to try to pitch in and do whatever you can to help make things better, if, indeed, you spent that much time helping build this great club and cared as much as you want us to believe you do. With an attitude such as you are showing, I, personally, won't miss you at all, at any club.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

20. Nutso

Nutso Member

Big Ed

I would think if you are the shooter you say you are, and that if you've traveed as much as you say, that you would have learned about something called tolerance.

What it really sounds like is that you have an ax to grind about some perceived wrong from long ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

auburn trap club