1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ATV tires,,Which one is best?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by poacherjoe, Oct 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

I use my Honda Rubicon for hunting in the mountains of California and the terrain is a lot of loose rock from the gold rush days.I got 10 years out of the original bridgstone dirt hooks but I also had to fix several flats.I am looking at the GBC Dirt Devil AT's.I am thinking 6 ply or better for fewer if any flat tires.Please let me know your opinions?Thanks PJ

2. Rooksd1

Rooksd1 Member

I have been using Maxis Big Horns they are very durable and great traction in all terrain. They will last a very long time.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Tough to beat any of the Maxis tires.

4. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Round tires are by far the best.

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I'm running Maxis Max-Zillas on my pair of Polaris 500s. Super agressive tread that does well on everything. 6 ply and no punctures in the first season of use. They do pick up and throw smaller gravel though - fenders required.

These tire perform much better than the GoodYears that came on the machines - both in traction and puncture resistance.

Most of what I run my ATVs on is loose rock/sand in the high desert with some occaisional mud when crossing the alkali flats.

6. Animal

Animal Member

Like poacherjoe, I too got a lot of use and years on the original Dirt Hooks on my Honda. They just never wore out. When I finally changed them, I went with Carsile's and similar tread patern. I've never had a flat on either set and have about four years so far on the Carsile's which don't even look worn. Dave S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.