1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Attn. Wall Chart customers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by snowbird, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

I answered an e-mail from my internet supplier that was a new scam. They had an official page with everything looking realistic. They asked to update my e-mail account etc. my tv, cell phone internet is with them it looked official and when your half awake I fell for it. It was a new scam that my ISP. had not heard about.

A lot of people from my e-mail address list got one of those scam e-mails saying that I have been robbed in England etc. lost all my credit cards and need money. That is an obvious scam like the send money you have just won the lottery scams. I changed my password immediately it is not a virus but they may have got my all of e-mail addresses.

I have had lots of calls checking on me most are laughing at my stupidity.

If you are a chart user and get a dumb e-mail about me just ignore it.

My sincere aplogies, I can't believe I was that dumb but I was this morning.

Terry.

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

So....the people that say that they have a picture of me with a Goat is just a scam? I shouldn't send them any money? Now, I'm confused.

3. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi Tron.

Give me both barrels I deserve it. The ISP. sent me a message saying that if you don't update your information your e-mail account expire in 24 hours. I had that message about 3 times in a week or so. It was their home page with live links to them and their anti-virus and everything.

When you have a business like yours and mine you can't be without your e-mail. I contacted my ISP.right away after I got one call from a friend they say the account was not hacked, they acted fast and changed the account password but the hacker might have copied the whole e-mail list.

I have had 5 calls checking on me, you should be allowed deep six some of these hackers.

Terry.

4. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Tronmeister, the picture is real and it is a sheep not a goat! Waaddya going to pay for it along with the negative? And after you pay me for that I will send you your winning lottery information, RG

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

They specifically said "Goat". This scares me.

6. biff

biff Active Member

Terry, sorry to hear of your predicament, where do we need to send the money to? Will they accept a personal check......if not maybe I can help organize an elite group of TS.Com Swat team to come to the rescue. I do have trouble with left quarter angles so try to always be on the right! Biff

7. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

It is a message that I got mugged in England and they stole my wallet etc. and that I need money right away.

God I hope nobody falls for it.

Terry.

8. checker

checker Member

Does the goat look like this? Our pet goat came up missing, got picture of the thief just before he turned the corner.......
    [​IMG]
    MY cousin and I are still upset....I'm the good looking one in the picture.....
    [​IMG]

To The Top For Terry

9. dverna

dverna Active Member

Tron,
    How do you think the goat feels?

Don Verna

10. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

When I got this I thought gee, Terry is recovering from a heart attack and in England ???

Then it hit me that he got mugged at gunpoint...

There ain't no guns in England on the common person, so then and there I new it was fake....

I contacted Terry by email along with Two-Dogs and was immediatly assured that Terry was OK...

Thanks for the fasst response Two Dogs...That's what friends are for !!!

Dave in SC

11. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

This is the scam message they are sending to people on my e-mail list.

I hope you receive this message on time ? Sorry I didn't inform you about my trip to the UK England for a program,I am presently in England,something extremely dreadful happened to me,I was mugged at gun point on my way to the hotel by some hoodlums and they made away with my bag and other valuables.

I feel so devastated,now my passport and other belongings are been retained by the hotel management pending the time I pay my hotel bills.This is shameful,I need you to help me with a loan of (1,850 pounds= $3,750) to pay my hotel bills and get my self home.I will reimburse you soon as I get back home.I will appreciate whatever you can assist me with.Can you be of help?

Please reply A.S.A.P.
    Terry

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    In point of fact, Lycos was suspending accounts and making users send them an email to make sure the accounts were not being used as spamming platforms. So yes, it is possible for an email provider or ISP to want a reply for information. The trick is to find out if it is legit or not. In my case, I forwarded the email to Lycos' support and they told me it was legit.

13. Psycho

Psycho TS Member

Tron you are safe. The goat paid them off!

14. Larry/Oh

Larry/Oh TS Member

My wife and I have each gotten that e-mail several times in the past couple months. Never thought to warn anybody, well, who'd a thunk someone would fall for it? LOL!

15. at 27

at 27 TS Member

hi terry, the e mail has to be a fake, your far too smart to be here in england at this time of year, hope to see you at the silver dollar. lance.