1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Attn: STARSHOT2B

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BDodd, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I got a message from a transplanted Sacramentoan (now an Oregano) who said the people and facilities were great. Plans for 12 traps are in the works, sky for background. Tells us more Sherree!....Bob Dodd

2. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Hey Royce...

We had a great time. Great people, great targets (had to get used to that blue sky background) and really good food! Saw some old friends and made a couple of new ones. Couldn't have had a better time, that's all Jeff & I talked about on the drive home yesterday - what a great time we had and how much we enjoyed the hospitality. It really is a nice club to shoot at (I shot on 1, 2, 5 & 6) and everyone was just terrific. I put us on the mailing list and that's saying something! We will go back again and shoot there.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and it was terrific. Again, really nice people and a really nice place. We even won a few bucks at Stockman's! We're definitely going to stay there again. Only took 10 minutes (if that) to get to/ from the club.

It was kind of funny - when we left, having never been to Fallon, it seemed like it took forever to get there. Of course, it didn't seem that long to get home!

Royce, we really did have a great time, no kidding. I encourage anyone to check out the Fallon Trap Club - yes, it's in the middle of the Nevada desert, but the targets are to die for and the people of the club are just wonderful.

Thats my experience and opinion.

Sherree

3. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Royce, I too am sorry you couldn't make it. You can tell they are really trying - it shows in everything they did for this shoot. Quite a difference from the NV State PITA Shoot at Sage Hill.

It's been quite a while since we've been to a shoot that was that good (except for Coon Creek of course). Hope to see you somewhere down the road.

4. RENOSTEVE

RENOSTEVE Member

Sherree it was a pleasure to see you and Jeff at Fallon. Congratulations again on your fine shooting and a beaut of a buckle. I also felt the shoot went wonderfully and the targets were awesome. Of course with technicians like George and Bud on site you can expect nothing less. Again, the management and help were top notch and worked very hard to make this event a success. Many thanks to Mr Whitten, Mr & Mrs Aikens, and all of the Directors and volunteers. It was great to see some of PITA's finest in attendance, Mr. & Mrs. Graham, Mr & Mrs. Siemans, Sue Brewer, Terry McCreary and I am sure others that I missed. Even the weather co-operated. Roy you would have been right in your element with Dave A., Billy G., Richard K. and the rest of the usual suspects. And Sherree I don't think I have ever seen a trap shooter walk without her feet touching the ground, your enthusiasm is quite refreshing. Steve

5. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Aw Steve, you made me blush! Thank you for the kind words. It was so good to see you this weekend, I wish we had had some time to talk! Again, I agree, it was a great shoot. Having never shot against a blue sky background, it took a bit of getting used to. I didn't know what to do with my eyes (no reference points). Once I did, wow, now those are addictive! I'm glad you named names, I can't remember any of them (and I know I met quite a few). I'd like to thank each and every member of the Fallon Trap Club for welcoming us so warmly and for putting on such a great shoot. It was just so nice to see the great turnout! Everyone had a great time, win, lose or draw!

Royce, yep, I won OOS D Doubles...my favorite event. Not an earthshattering or blazing score, but I had a blast! and yes, they were all legal!!! LOL

I have to admit, I had that grin all the way down Interstate 80!!!! The buckle is a beaut, I even bought a belt (before I won it) to wear my buckles. I'll be wearing that one for awhile! I don't like to toot my own horn, that's why I didn't mention it. However, Lisa S mentioned it above and no one caught it!!!

Steve - hope to see you down in my neck of the woods sometime soon. Take care, you too Royce, please come down soon.

Sherree

6. calilori

calilori TS Member

Congratulations on the great shooting Sherree. I'm proud of you!

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Sherree:

Good shooting on the doubles and it looked like you enjoyed the club also, sure is nice when a club really tries hard to make people welcomed and want them to come back wished we had a few of them around here.

If you are coming to the grand this year then maybe we meet up.

foghorn

8. old pipe

old pipe TS Member

ALOHA and may your new buckle shine as bright as you!!! Its a really a nice thing to show, you`ve worked hard for it, CONGRATULATIONS on some fine shooting!! Hope to see you and Reno Steve at the Grand. I`ll put a post at the lockerroom board. Aloha, the Hawaii group.

9. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Aw geez...thanks to all of you for the very nice words. Even though my score was less than stellar, it was a really nice way to cap off my time at Fallon. It really is a nice buckle!!!

Aloha to the Hawaii Group - still trying to figure out if I can get to the Grand...if not, I'll see you at Sage Hill in May! Please send my hello's to all.

Thanks again all...you've made my day!

Sherree

10. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Nice shooting GF. Sorry I wasn't there to see your expression. Hope to shoot at the local club here on Thursday. I may do the Montana State shoot...schedule not firm yet.

JON

11. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

SheeRREE,

Now that you have won an event at a State shoot...does it mean that you are now a STARSHOT...not 2b??????

You are the greatest.

JON

12. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Jon, not hardly and not even close! LOL You're too funny.

See ya soon.